This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

IS GTAV the most hyped game ever after Halo 3?

#21dack25Posted 2/2/2013 8:26:06 PM
GTA IV and Halo 2 were hyped more. I feel like a lot of the Halo hype died down after the second game. Honestly though with how much games are rehashed and the frequency with which sequels come out these days it's hard to get hyped up anymore about games because we know another sequel is right around the corner.
---
www.voiceofthegamer.com Has been dead for a long time
#22ZuuFPosted 2/2/2013 8:28:43 PM
In my opinion, the top five most hyped games I've witnessed (in terms of the feelings of the fans, not the number of fans):

1. Super Smash Bros. Brawl (undisputed...even though the game itself leaves something to be desired)
2. Skyrim (as much hype as it received upon release, I, myself, HATE skill-based leveling)
3. GTA4/Halo 3 (from what I noticed...they probably weren't that close in terms of hype around them)
4. Goldeneye 007 (Wii; it's totally different from the original, but it was hyped up to be very similar)
5. Diablo 3 (much hype...but it's much easier than 2 overall...which is why I prefer 2, but this had much more hype than the previous entries)
---
-Use Force to kill grue
-Your midichlorian count isn't high enough; you are eaten by a grue
#23Perfect LightPosted 2/2/2013 8:41:40 PM
The difference between GTAV and the other games is that GTAV will actually be worthy of the hype.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UIbu3wJDmVQ - New gaming series
My podcast: hulkshare.com/inferiorminds
#24Gaebora KaeporaPosted 2/2/2013 8:58:01 PM
UNCHARTED
POKEMAHNS
GEARS
FABLE
BLINX 2 J/K LOL
---
The rail...is all alone, the man is all alone...the swedish is all alone...my bum....is all alone
#25aj4x94Posted 2/2/2013 9:18:58 PM
No, GTA IV itself takes the cake for the most hyped game ever(yes, even over Halo 3) and it still sucked.
---
Currently playing: COD: BOII, Hitman Absolution, Infamous Collection.
PSN: T-Snake94, XBL: T-Snake 94
#26CammyApplePosted 2/2/2013 9:32:09 PM
aj4x94 posted...
No, GTA IV itself takes the cake for the most hyped game ever(yes, even over Halo 3) and it still sucked.

I dunno. Could you buy GTAIV at 7-11?
---
Everything's shiny, Cap'n. Not to fret.
#27velvet_hammerPosted 2/2/2013 10:14:36 PM
MGS4 dominated like 3 E3s in a row.. Thats a contender
---
"The purpose of life, is a life with a purpose. So I'd rather die for a cause, than live a life that is worthless!!" Immortal Technique
#28CammyApplePosted 2/2/2013 10:17:53 PM
velvet_hammer posted...

Again, 7 -11. Real life hype. Not just gamer hype.
---
Everything's shiny, Cap'n. Not to fret.
#29velvet_hammerPosted 2/2/2013 10:26:56 PM
CammyApple posted...
velvet_hammer posted...

Again, 7 -11. Real life hype. Not just gamer hype.

This real enough?

http://www.metacritic.com/game/playstation-3/metal-gear-solid-4-guns-of-the-patriots
---
"The purpose of life, is a life with a purpose. So I'd rather die for a cause, than live a life that is worthless!!" Immortal Technique
#30Xx5ILLYR4BBITxXPosted 2/2/2013 10:30:32 PM
I dont know about the rest of you guys but im glad the game got delayed till september gives me something else to look forward to in e3 and also I have so many games I am still playing so I would of not have even gotton it in april if it came out.
---
My 5 Favortive Games of all time are 1) Sonic Adventure 2 Battle. 2) Phantasy Star Online EP 1&2. 3) Star Ocean Till The End Of Time. 4) MGS 2 PS2. 5) FF 9