This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Replacing Disc with Warranty...

#1JuppongiPosted 2/2/2013 12:49:01 PM
So yesterday I went to pop in Borderlands when I noticed that the inside ring of the disc was starting to crack. I'm really pissed because this has happened to me AT LEAST five times with some of my other games. A couple of them are unplayable now because the crack has gotten so big. Before you say that I should "be more careful" I have been SUPER careful with my discs after noticing the crack for the first time in one of my other discs. But even with me being careful, I still got a crack. I have literally only played borderlands a few times now because my backlog is so big, so I have only taken in/taken out Borderlands out of the case a few times. This has NEVER happened to me with PS3 discs, and I do majority of my gaming on PS3.

My question is is this a valid reason to ask for a replacement with the limited warranty, because it seems to me like it's these Xbox case's faults!

Now I know not to buy anymore games on Xbox unless I absolutely need to...
#2glassghost0Posted 2/2/2013 1:00:40 PM
You aren't putting the games in and out of their cases carefully
---
www.youtube.com/GlassGhost428
#3lanifPosted 2/2/2013 1:13:19 PM(edited)
take better care of your stuff i have never had a cracked inner ring on any game disc for any system seems like it i your fault and not the systems and the fact that you have 5 seems to say that your the cause of your other games getting cracks in them.

I own a ps1 ps2 ps3 gamecube wii psp and a 360 or disc bases games ive never even heard of this ever being in issue it can't be the system or it would be happening to more people so you are to blame
---
Thalia, Guardian of Thraben sometimes she hits me first!!!!
#4glassghost0Posted 2/2/2013 1:14:30 PM
lanif posted...
take better care of your stuff i have never had a cracked inner ring on any game disc for any system seems like it i your fault and not the systems and the fact that you have 5 seems to say that your the cause of your other games getting cracks in them.

I own a ps1 ps2 ps3 gamecube wii psp ive never even heard of this ever being in issue it can't be the system or it would be happening to more people so you are to blame

No, this does happen to other people. It is the cases, the center of almost all the new cases fit much tighter than older ones, but, if he was doing it properly the games wouldn't crack
---
www.youtube.com/GlassGhost428
#5lokinineteenPosted 2/2/2013 1:18:17 PM
Ive never understood how people break discs, boxes & pads on a regular basis?

Ive never had a disc crack, even with those really stiff ones where you have to wrestle the disc out. Never had a box crack or been damaged. Also Ive only had to replace my pad once due to the LB becoming stiff & unusable, I had the pad since March 06. The pad always falls off my lap onto the floor but other than that Id say I take care of my stuff cause it aint cheap to replace.
#6lanifPosted 2/2/2013 1:25:14 PM
on the pad note how can people wear the rubber off the joysticks is another mystery all together i bought a used gamecube off ebay and the controller left joystick rubber was gone i should have asked for it for 15 instead of 20 but ohwell
---
Thalia, Guardian of Thraben sometimes she hits me first!!!!
#7kingekingePosted 2/2/2013 1:34:29 PM
I have had the same problem, don't listen to the people saying 'be more careful'. I had the inside circle of my Black Ops 1 disc crack because the case is way too tight for the disc and slowly wears on the middle of it until it eventually cracks.
#8LightgamerPosted 2/2/2013 1:35:19 PM
This has happened to most of my older games topic creator. It's the cases. The constant pop in and out puts pressure on the disc and will eventually cause it to crack. Try keeping your discs in a holder. Some cases have a stiff hard plastic nub that no matter how careful it is pressed, the disc still gets pressure. This can be heard as well, which makes me cringe. The Kinect cases are the perfect cases that all 360 games should use, the middle nub is very soft and doesn't put pressure on the discs.
---
Xbox Live: GodintheGalaxy, PSN: EuphoricJudas
#9SparkItUpPosted 2/2/2013 1:40:46 PM
lokinineteen posted...
Ive never understood how people break discs, boxes & pads on a regular basis?

Ive never had a disc crack, even with those really stiff ones where you have to wrestle the disc out. Never had a box crack or been damaged. Also Ive only had to replace my pad once due to the LB becoming stiff & unusable, I had the pad since March 06. The pad always falls off my lap onto the floor but other than that Id say I take care of my stuff cause it aint cheap to replace.

^ pretty much this...never had a game break on me once. guess it's one of two things...I'm really lucky or I am not mentally challenged enough to have difficulty in taking the game out of the case properly.
---
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mqFLXayD6e8
Now don't get me wrong, yeah I think you're alright, but that won't keep me warm in the middle of the night...
#10A-G-IPosted 2/2/2013 2:08:53 PM
The most likely cause is definitely where the game is being taken, and put back in the case too hard. In most situations, you can't really AVOID snapping it back in place. There really isn't anything else that causes this kind of problem. However, cracks, scratches, laser burns, etc, usually are classed as accidental damage, and it's not going to be covered under a warranty.
---
@AperioGaming - I follow back!
AGI - Aperio Gaming Intel