This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

How can I make my xbox play though my laptop?

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox 360
  3. How can I make my xbox play though my laptop?
3 years ago#1
I know there is a cord or something I can buy in order to make my screen my laptop and not an actual television, which cord do I need/can anyone give me any tips on which one to buy? I have an Xbox 360 slim.
3 years ago#2
Are you talking about using a computer monitor as your screen for playing Xbox 360 games? If so, you'll need the VGA cord. I use it for a standalone flatscreen won't work on your laptop if it doesn't have a "VGA in" port...I'm not sure if any do. The VGA port on my laptop is a signal out that I use for a dual display.
Darkness unfolds upon the earth, Each day another loss -
Hunted each and everyone, All the bodies left to rot in the sun
3 years ago#3
my laptop says HDMI over a port on the side, I don't think it woks with a VGA so does that mean I need an adapter or something? I'm not new to video games I just know basically nothing about technology and this is my first time trying to play through a laptop haha
3 years ago#4
I have never seen a laptop that actually accepts video input to play on the screen.

Unless the input specifically says "HDMI in" or something like that, I'd assume it only outputs.
3 years ago#5
There's bound to be better answers coming along, but I've always understood this to be difficult because the ports on your laptop are almost always "out" and you need an "in".
3 years ago#6
so is there a converter or something I can buy so that my xbox will play on my laptop?
3 years ago#7
No, I've never seen a laptop with a video in port, and no converter can change an "out" port to an "in".
"What does it do? That's the beauty of it, it doesn't DO anything."
3 years ago#8
Like others have said, there is no way to use your laptop as a gaming screen.They are not built with the "inputs" that are required to do this.
Currently Playing: Halo 4, Deadly Premonition
XBL: redheadbro32
3 years ago#9
You could always get a capture card, since those do have video input ports, however, it will most likely cause massive input lag.
R.I.P. Eve English (Feb. 12, 1968 - Oct. 13, 2010)
Momma Eve, you will be missed.
3 years ago#10
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox 360
  3. How can I make my xbox play though my laptop?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived