This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Best 3D HDTV (Help)

#1ss3goku39Posted 2/2/2013 3:47:49 PM
Ok so I plan on getting a new hdtv but this time I wan't a 3d tv for an extra experience in mainly gaming, as well as movies. Now I had my samsung plasma hdtv since around 2008. and I cant bare it overheating my room all the time. And most the time now the screen turns a funky looking red color when I turn the tv on and off and when I'm playing/.watching something. the sound quality I was never pleased with as well. So I plan on placing this tv in my living room to replace it with a higher quality hdtv. I would like to go over some points that many of you guys can help me with my purchase in the near future. Thanks guys. (please name the brand of tv)

- I want a hdtv that produces way less heat in my bedroom

- I want a better sound quality hdtv that's clear

- Best hdtv for 3d gaming and movies

- I would like to have a larger size hdtv (65 inches is perfect)

- Best picture for gaming and movies

I don't have an exact price range. I guess no more than 2500, under would be great too lol.
#2Hucast9Posted 2/2/2013 3:50:19 PM
Click on "users" up top. Send a private messege to Archizzy with the same thing you posted here. He's an expert when it comes to tvs. Also send a messge to Secondhand1 too.
#3ss3goku39(Topic Creator)Posted 2/2/2013 3:56:26 PM
I don't see any of them listed. Any way you can send me there profiles? Thanks in advance.
#4ss3goku39(Topic Creator)Posted 2/2/2013 3:57:52 PM
Nevermind, I found him.
#5Hucast9Posted 2/2/2013 3:59:42 PM
You must've wrote it wrong. The name is Archizzy. Click on users, then where it says "Find user page" write Archizzy and click to enter. After that, you should see "Send a pm to Archizzy".
#6WhiteAngel50Posted 2/2/2013 4:35:46 PM
Tc I just bought an LG 46" 3D HDTV. It's also in LED so it doesn't heat the room as much.

The tv is freakin awesome! I played black ops 2 in 3 d and I was amazed how good it looked and played. Bullets coming at you and grenades and blood.

So that's the tv I recommend. It was only 500 dollars too
---
Xbox 360 GT: WhiteAngel50
Trying to get at least 5000 karma. It will be done!!!
#7secondhand1Posted 2/2/2013 9:20:12 PM
ss3goku39 posted...
Ok so I plan on getting a new hdtv but this time I wan't a 3d tv for an extra experience in mainly gaming, as well as movies. Now I had my samsung plasma hdtv since around 2008. and I cant bare it overheating my room all the time. And most the time now the screen turns a funky looking red color when I turn the tv on and off and when I'm playing/.watching something. the sound quality I was never pleased with as well. So I plan on placing this tv in my living room to replace it with a higher quality hdtv. I would like to go over some points that many of you guys can help me with my purchase in the near future. Thanks guys. (please name the brand of tv)

I think the whole giving off excessive heat thing is all but over. A plasma will give off more heat than an LCD, but I don't think you'll be heating your room with one anymore. If you are, perhaps you're in the wrong size for the area. I wouldn't be overly concerned, but if this is something that raises a flag for you, research the models you're interested in and see what other people are saying.

I'd be remiss if I didn't offer up the Panasonic ST50. It is, without question, the best bang for your buck display, and arguably the best display of 2012. Yes, the VT was the flagship, but the advantages it has don't make it worth the price, in my opinion.
---
The inherent idiocy of youth often outweighs its many advantages.