This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

If the next gen console launches this year, will you buy it at launch?

#21Kerr AvonPosted 2/3/2013 7:42:13 AM
I can't vote, as I'll only be buying it when;

- I know there no major design flaw (i.e. no RROD), and

- it has games available that I really want.

I'll never understand why people buy a machine that doesn't have any games that they want.
---
"PCs don't catch viruses or malware. Stupid users do." - The Cranky Hermit.
For all things N64: http://z9.invisionfree.com/Nintendo_64_Forever/
#22XtremeWRATH360Posted 2/3/2013 8:12:18 AM
None of those options are good.

Im not getting one because i wouldn't need one, i got plenty of games on my 360 and plenty more i've yet to play. Lets not forget how expensive the system will be and all the games will be 60 dollars or higher. Just no incentive for me to move towards another system and spend all this money when im perfectly fine with the 360.
---
Juan is........NUMBER 1!
XtremeWRATH-Gamertag
#23Dragon NexusPosted 2/3/2013 9:06:29 AM
With the rate of hardware failures this gen, I wont buy any next-gen console until they release a slim model.

Yeah, because that's what happens, every gen follows an identical timeline.
---
"The problem with quotes on the internet is that you can never be sure if they're true" - Abraham Lincoln
#24memphis12Posted 2/3/2013 9:23:32 AM
100% yes. 2 in fact, one for me & one for my son.

Dragon Nexus posted...
With the rate of hardware failures this gen, I wont buy any next-gen console until they release a slim model.

Exactly. Suddenly everyone thinks it's "hip" to NOT buy the new Xbox. I imagine most people saying they won't be buying will be off that bandwagon around the new Xbox release day.
---
'I wrestled with an alligator,I tussled with a whale,only last week I murdered a rock, injured a stone, hospitalized a brick. I'm so mean I make medicine sick.'
#25rockyoumonkeysPosted 2/3/2013 10:01:14 AM
I can't think of a circumstance under which I'd buy a console at launch. I always think I will, and then I see how bleak the launch lineup always is, and I bail.

I'll wait a bit. I just hope it's not like the 360 where there was that period of several months after the launch where nobody had them.
---
Formerly Known As: boingboingboing
Now Reading: Great North Road, P. Hamilton
#26Merc123Posted 2/3/2013 10:04:19 AM
No way.

First of all there are possible hardware failures

Second there will probably be no good games for a while

Third we will probably have the bleed over where alot of the games are just enhanced ports of games we already played, pretty much like the Wii U.

I know that companies need people to buy at launch, but i can never understand buying a launch console other than buying into the hype.
---
http://www.facebook.com/MEmarauder - Marauder Shields Facebook page.
#27JenniferTatePosted 2/3/2013 10:43:27 AM
memphis12 posted...
100% yes. 2 in fact, one for me & one for my son.

Dragon Nexus posted...

Exactly. Suddenly everyone thinks it's "hip" to NOT buy the new Xbox. I imagine most people saying they won't be buying will be off that bandwagon around the new Xbox release day.

Show me some killer software and I'm in. One of the reasons I backed out of my 360 launch hype was I only really cared about Perfect Dark Zero and my gaming time was easily eaten up by Warcraft.

These days it's the same thing; I'm going to get the new console inevitably, but I need more than a handful of games to entice me, and while I'm waiting I've got a PS3 backlog to check out over the next year and the normal releases for multiplat or PC. With my habit, I could easily milk Tomb Raider and Last of Us with some Red Dead until GTA5 hits, and from then on I'm set.

I didn't even get to MGS3 and DMC3 until I forfeit my 360.
---
Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth. - Mike Tyson