This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

turtlebeach x12's, wired or wireless

#1pyrokinesis666Posted 2/2/2013 5:44:01 PM
is it true that the wireless ones have a buzzing sound when talking

also, do they connect right to the 360 or do they also have to be connected to the computer
#2jaymart_2kPosted 2/2/2013 5:53:51 PM
That's due to the wireless connections. It's called interference.

Get the Ear Force X42, they work on 5.8GHz dual-band WiFi so no interference from what I'v experienced.
---
(Xbox Live GT) jaymart 4point0 (PSN) jaymart_ 2k (Twitter) jaymart2k (Nintendo ID) JayMart
#3CapwnDPosted 2/2/2013 5:57:09 PM(edited)
I used to have the X41. I had two issues with them.

The added noise when there was little or no gamesound was a bit annoying. Always had that reminder that they were wireless. The other issue was that I started to get this crackling sound, seemed like the mic would build up static, and would crackle, especially if you touch the mic at all.

The second issue is what made me continue my quest for a more perfect audio solution, but even the first issue made me regret getting wireless.

Many newer headphones use better technology now for wireless, I guess the Astro A50 don't' have that issue. I'm not sure about the XP500 or X32 or X42 (which all came out the same year, IIRC).

Also, just so you know... the X31 (or X32) are not surround sound. Like the X11 and X12, the X31 and X32 are just stereo, they don't process the audio like the more expensive models. So this means that in games you should pick "headphones" for models like the X11/x12 and the X31/x32. For headphones with surround sound, you should pick "home theater" or 5.1 or whatever surround option they list.
---
Death to Videodrome, Long Live the New Flesh
#4CapwnDPosted 2/2/2013 6:01:56 PM(edited)
Check Youtube to get an idea on whatever model you are looking for. They don't always have the most accurate information, and some of them actually give you wrong information (such as calling a stereo headset "surround") but the videos often still give you an idea of what problems they have, or what to look for. Even the bad videos.

The 360 COD BLOPS2 boards probably will have the most actual people who have used any model you are interested in, may get some feedback that way too.

also, do they connect right to the 360 or do they also have to be connected to the computer

The USB is for power only on the X11/X12. On the other models you might be able to put PC sound through USB, but if optical is available you should always use that for sound input, and that should be directly from the Xbox 360 (or directly from the PC if you're using it for PC gaming).

I used to use a power adapter and just plugged the X11 into a wall adapter for USB power.
---
Death to Videodrome, Long Live the New Flesh