This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Someone want to explain what was wrong with ME3's ending to me?

#1IvanKozlovPosted 2/2/2013 6:45:21 PM(edited)
I had heard that the ending was terrible, but I just beat it and I was pretty pleased. Other than the fact that Shepherd died when I took control of the reapers I didn't have any problems with it. Why didn't people like it?
---
When light no longer rose to kiss me, I swore to tear Heaven asunder. As flights of fallen angels wished me "Godspeed on the Devil's Thunder."
#2NightRainPosted 2/2/2013 6:42:56 PM
*sigh*... here we go yet AGAIN...
---
Xbox 360/Wii
Canadiens/Red Sox/Patriots
#3Luthor_Posted 2/2/2013 6:43:42 PM
Red
Blue
Green
---
*jumps out of bush and throws spear*
-GorillaOnRoof
#4shagadelicPosted 2/2/2013 6:44:08 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4H_A7SeawU4
#5IvanKozlov(Topic Creator)Posted 2/2/2013 6:44:11 PM
It's just a question....
---
When light no longer rose to kiss me, I swore to tear Heaven asunder. As flights of fallen angels wished me "Godspeed on the Devil's Thunder."
#6NightRainPosted 2/2/2013 6:46:27 PM(edited)
IvanKozlov posted...
It's just a question....

It is well documented on this web site. There are literally THOUSANDS of topics about it on this board, on the Xbox 360 version of the game and the PS3 version. And the PC version.

To save time and your sanity, type "ending" in any of those boards' search bar and you'll find EVERYTHING that has been said about the situation.
---
Xbox 360/Wii
Canadiens/Red Sox/Patriots
#7OKRecords1138Posted 2/2/2013 6:48:06 PM(edited)
Because the game takes all those decisions you've made over the past three installments, takes all the ability that you had to make said decisions, and throws it all out the window. Not only that, but the ending is convoluted, and ties up nothing. How would you feel if at the end of Lord of the Rings Frodo falls over the side of the cliff in Mount Doom as the ring falls into the lava, and then it just cut to everyone else outside standing there looking at the mountain, and the credits rolled. Cause that's what the ending to ME3 equated to.

What happened to the hero? What happened to everyone? What happened to the galaxay? These are the things that the finale to the story should have answer in the end. Not leave it all up in the air with people scratching their heads asking, "What happened?"
---
See all your favorite toys of yesterday and today at The Toy Box - thetoybox1138.blogspot.com
#8Arucard05Posted 2/2/2013 6:47:07 PM
Short version:

Plot holes.
Inconsistencies.
Lack of any real consequences or choice.
---
www.bewaretherobotsquad.com
A place where things happen. Sometimes awesome things.
#9VlayerPosted 2/2/2013 6:47:34 PM
Watch the Original ending on Youtube.

The extended cut exists because of that.
---
FOX "made a huge mistake" cancelling the greatest comedy of all time; Arrested Development.
#10PwnostarPosted 2/2/2013 7:01:36 PM
Everything.

- Bioware almost flat out lied about it, claiming that previous choices would have an effect on it.
- Red, Blue, Green
- Terrible closure
- Contrived last minute character introductions (a literal deus ex machina)
- Many, many other issues which I'm sure you could find by browsing the ME3 boards or Bioware's forums.

Seriously, there's almost too many issues to list. It was bad. The Extended Cut remedied some of the issues though.
---
Disregard women, sell illegal substances, and acquire currency.