This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

My original Xbox is still running in perfect condition.

#11CapwnDPosted 2/3/2013 12:34:58 AM
I use my launch console for my racing setup. It's loud but not as loud as Forza 4!
---
Death to Videodrome, Long Live the New Flesh
#12Mutant1988Posted 2/3/2013 12:49:15 AM
rwfan2c posted...
My 3 year old limited edition xbox 360 slim has a broken disc tray. >_>

my question to you would be is it broken Mechanically? or broken physically?

because if its physically broken then thats not really the system/Microsoft's fault.

Mechanically yea.. ive heard its actually replaced the rrod for the biggest failure point of the Slims.

If it's physically broken, then the issues are mechanical. If you were trying to say "If you broke it, it's not Microsoft's fault", you used the wrong word and phrasing.

If it breaks physically or software wise due to no error on part of the user (Note that the user hold responsibility for environmental factors - If it overheats because you didn't place it in a well ventilated area, then it's your fault. Likewise if your pet breaks it) then it IS Microsoft's fault.
---
Know that if you allow someone to take advantage of you, they might make it a habit.
#13rwfan2cPosted 2/3/2013 12:54:02 AM
If it's physically broken, then the issues are mechanical. If you were trying to say "If you broke it, it's not Microsoft's fault", you used the wrong word and phrasing.

yea thats what i meant my bad. it is almost 4 AM and ive been up for like 22 hours. Things get difficult at this point.
---
XBOX GT: thetimeofthe9
Steam ID: Thetimeofthen9ne
#14StunnPosted 2/3/2013 12:56:57 AM(edited)
My first 360 was sent back to Microsoft for repair, probably refurbished three times, and is now sitting in pieces at a shooting range. I'll never know.
---
You are reading this and I'll never know.
#15blablablax17Posted 2/3/2013 7:25:38 AM
Mumble_ posted...
Why are some people ok with poor build quality on newer products? I could pick up a Gamecube from the conveniant handle and smack someone with it. I would not be scared in the slightest of it breaking. I get scared of even touching my 360 because I feel like it could break any second. :(

I completely agree.
---
Stalking the GameFaqs boards since '06.
#16Dragon NexusPosted 2/3/2013 9:02:56 AM
My Xbox 1 got sent away for repair 3 times.
---
"The problem with quotes on the internet is that you can never be sure if they're true" - Abraham Lincoln
#17CapwnDPosted 2/3/2013 10:54:38 PM
Why are some people ok with poor build quality on newer products? I could pick up a Gamecube from the conveniant handle and smack someone with it. I would not be scared in the slightest of it breaking. I get scared of even touching my 360 because I feel like it could break any second. :(

It helps when either the place you bought it from replaces it, or when the manufacturer replaces or fixes it for free.

I've had a few problems with the 360. I own 5, and had to send two or of them in, more then once. I think I sent the third one in once. The other two were Jaspers and have been fine.

I've had some problems with PS1 too, and Funcoland replaced that immediately, it was within a week or two of purchasing it.

So what's the problem? PS3 screwed me hard.... I had to pay $187 for a repair only one year after buying it, and then it broke again only one year after that. So to have one working PS3 I paid $987. And yes, that kind of sucks. But you think I'm going to just be a dick and post stupid trolling topics on the PS3 board because of that? It's not going to bring attention, it's just going to be annoying to normal people who are PS3 fans.

So go ahead and stomp your feet if you really think that is going to make a difference.
---
Death to Videodrome, Long Live the New Flesh
#18teehee23Posted 2/3/2013 11:02:25 PM
I have four (4) 'special' Xbox's that run perfectly.
So nice.
---
Don't hate us because we're beautiful...
#19FFTHEWINNERPosted 2/3/2013 11:46:36 PM
My xbox 1 got,in order:
a stuck disc tray(unless a disc is inside)
Randomly turns off
Error 07

>_>.
---
WHO AM I?FFTHEWINNER. WHO ARE YOU?URTHELOSER
http://i.imgur.com/xgSex.png