This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

What upcoming console do you think will be the most popular?

#1metalclashPosted 2/2/2013 7:20:33 PM
What upcoming console do you think will be the most popular? - Results (52 votes)
Steambox
19.23% (10 votes)
Xbox 720
46.15% (24 votes)
PS4
34.62% (18 votes)
This poll is now closed.
Yea, because as I have noticed the "best" console of the generation changes. Personally, I believe the Xbox 360 was the best of this generation, but the new xbox may not be the "best" of next generation.
---
people who snapchat are just flat out stupid.
#2silenthill4vidPosted 2/2/2013 7:25:18 PM
whichever nets call of duty's timed content, most likely ms again.
---
splinter cell: blacklist......the latest game series turned generic shooter.
#3SparkItUpPosted 2/2/2013 8:26:45 PM
I'm going to go out on a limb and say Steambox....It's going to be the "new" thing to love just as the wii was...I just think it will become better received.
---
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mqFLXayD6e8
Now don't get me wrong, yeah I think you're alright, but that won't keep me warm in the middle of the night...
#4JenniferTatePosted 2/3/2013 1:24:37 AM
I'll say Xbox, as it's broad user focus marketing is really working, if I look around at people I know. I don't see how the Steambox will be pushed, especially since PC gamers who are that serious about gaming will stay with their PCs. Newell also said he was competing against Apple, and while I understand the cause, I think it takes things into a different arena than the usual console war. The Steambox isn't about FX Chip vs Blast Processing playground feuds of yesteryear, it's about challenging Apple's ascent:

"I think that there's a scenario where we see sort of a dumbed down living room platform emerging I think Apple rolls the console guys really easily. The question is can we make enough progress in the PC space to establish ourselves there, and also figure out better ways of addressing mobile before Apple takes over the living room?" - Newell; http://www.polygon.com/2013/1/30/3934112/gabe-newell-steam-boxs-biggest-threat-isnt-consoles-its-apple

If the rumours about Sony's motion to be a more social platform are true, then it seems to me (and I'm their consumer), that they're playing catch up with MS on that road.
---
Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth. - Mike Tyson