This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

If the controller for "Durango" is drastically changed...

#1Thomas16371Posted 2/3/2013 12:35:26 AM
The 360 will be my last console.

Unless for some miracle you can use 360 controllers on the new system or something of that nature.

I use controllers one-handed due to a disability and making them unfeasible in use would kill the system for me. The same reason why I don't use hand-helds.

so here's to hoping that there is hope for those of us that love the current controller form factor.
---
Xbox Live: Thomas Nuffan
Founder of "Riot Shield" Enlist today: http://battlelog.medalofhonor.com/mohw/platoons/show/4503608217308499
#2vigorm0rtisPosted 2/3/2013 12:44:05 AM
Thomas16371 posted...

I use controllers one-handed due to a disability and making them unfeasible in use would kill the system for me. The same reason why I don't use hand-helds.

Pretty much the same here. I don't play one-handed, but I've only got three fully operational digits, two partially. One hand, all told. Have no use for touchscreens, etc. Can still sort of use a keyboard (obviously) so I'd just go back to PC gaming.
---
"'Grab the guns!' 'What about the troll?' 'Leave the troll.'"--ATHF
#3SparkItUpPosted 2/3/2013 12:55:26 AM(edited)
Would actually be a nifty thing for someone to make...an adapter so people could use previous controllers for a current system.

Also...have you tried using a mouse adapter instead of a controller (not sure if they would be easier for use)?
---
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mqFLXayD6e8
Now don't get me wrong, yeah I think you're alright, but that won't keep me warm in the middle of the night...
#4knightimexPosted 2/3/2013 1:07:06 AM
oO
playing a game with one hand is impressive.
respect
---
Old School Games FTW!
#5rwfan2cPosted 2/3/2013 1:09:40 AM
i agree but for different reasons.

My biggest issue with the PS3 (Well any sony system since its been basically unchanged) is that im pretty sure the controller was designed for aliens. It is the most uncomfortable controller i've ever held. Even worse then the XBOX Fatboy controller and the NES controller (It was a box... no clue why people claim its the best ever made)

The Gamecube controller was amazing with only one flaw IMO and thats the kinda suckiness of the left stick.

The 360 controller is a close second however. i think they could cut the weight down slightly but thats just nitpicking... at least its not its own console like the Wii U controller. When i saw the Wii U controller i immediately said "Do not want." And that was solidified by having essentially no releases for the first 4 months of its existence.
---
XBOX GT: thetimeofthe9
Steam ID: Thetimeofthen9ne
#6_SCOTSLADPosted 2/3/2013 2:31:12 AM
Sadly this is an area where console manufacturers lack any real development, however there are loads of folks out there creating some real good and cool looking one handed controllers.

Ben Heck the dude that makes sweet console mods made a sweet pad I am sure something will show up next gen too.

http://www.pcmag.com/slideshow/story/296836/the-coolest-xbox-360-controller-mods/1
---
"I just heard a *FUMP* sound, like that of a billion fanboy heads exploding in unison."
#7kcoin17Posted 2/3/2013 6:26:06 AM
Controller should stay the exact same except for 6 face buttons, like the controllers that came out for Sega genesis, would make fighting games much easier for those who don't own a stick too.
---
"I'm bad!" - BAD DUDES
#8SunDevil77Posted 2/3/2013 6:44:50 AM
rwfan2c posted...
i agree but for different reasons.

My biggest issue with the PS3 (Well any sony system since its been basically unchanged) is that im pretty sure the controller was designed for aliens. It is the most uncomfortable controller i've ever held. Even worse then the XBOX Fatboy controller and the NES controller (It was a box... no clue why people claim its the best ever made)

The Gamecube controller was amazing with only one flaw IMO and thats the kinda suckiness of the left stick.

The 360 controller is a close second however. i think they could cut the weight down slightly but thats just nitpicking... at least its not its own console like the Wii U controller. When i saw the Wii U controller i immediately said "Do not want." And that was solidified by having essentially no releases for the first 4 months of its existence.

The original Duke controller was awesome.
---
Royal with Cheese. What do they call a Big Mac? Big Mac's a Big Mac, but they call it Le Big Mac.