This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

question about moving DLC

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox 360
  3. question about moving DLC
3 years ago#1
I need space on my hard drive, and I was thinkinf of deleting some DLC. But the DLC I want to delete is battlefield 3 stuff. But I no longer have the game(may rebuy it eventually) point is, the DLC was from a voucher. So if I delete it, will it be gone forever? meaning, if I want my DLC back, will I have to rebuy the DLC edition of the game or whatever?

or is it possible to just move it onto a USB stick and save it there or something?
The Wii and the NES had the most amount of shovelware ever.
3 years ago#2
Did you register it to a gamertag? If so, it should be redownloadable at no cost. You can check before you delete if you go to access the content on the marketplace and there's a check icon instead of a price listed.
"In peace, vigilance. In war, victory. In death, sacrifice." ~ The Grey Wardens
http://www.trueachievements.com/mygames.aspx?gamerid=71900
3 years ago#3
Once you download something, you own a digital license. It's yours to redownload as many times as you please whether it came from a code or not.
3 years ago#4
Once you download something, you own a digital license. It's yours to redownload as many times as you please whether it came from a code or not.

I looked at the marketplace. And it's still wanting to charge me(as if I never bought it) so if I delete the content, I can't get it back right?...

I already used the voucher...

Does anyone understand what I mean? it's like if you buy fall out 3: GOTY edition, install the DLC from the DLC disc, but it still says you have to buy it from the marketplace.
3 years ago#5
Go to your download history on the gamertag that redeemed the voucher. It'll be there.
Eclipsing power is, at times, not only the instrument of demons, but also of gods.
Lost, but not forgotten.
3 years ago#6
szunega posted...

I looked at the marketplace. And it's still wanting to charge me(as if I never bought it) so if I delete the content, I can't get it back right?...

I already used the voucher...

Does anyone understand what I mean? it's like if you buy fall out 3: GOTY edition, install the DLC from the DLC disc, but it still says you have to buy it from the marketplace.

You should be able to just re-download the DLC from your Gamertag account download history.

In specific, what DLC from Battlefield 3 are you talking about? If it's the code that came with BF3 for early weapons unlock (it was a preorder bonus), it's free to download now.

If you're talking about the code that allowed access to the Back to Karkand expansion, that is also available to be re-downloaded from your account history. If it's concerning any of the other DLC, I have no idea, but check your download history, and see if it's listed.
If I don't meet you no more in this world then uh, I'll meet ya on the next one..And don't be late- Jimi Hendrix Voodoo Child
3 years ago#7
Yeah, that happens. If you buy something at a discount from the S&S+ app, it still shows up with mspoints on the marketplace, but you can redownload from your history under account management.
3 years ago#8
Hell, it happens to me with Oblivion (bought it last year when it was $10, before the $5 permanent price cut, so normal price was $20, not $15 like it is now).

Sucks having to dig through my download history, instead of just using the game's listing, to redownload it, especially since this is only a recent development, and it used to list properly as having already been purchased.
R.I.P. Eve English (Feb. 12, 1968 - Oct. 13, 2010)
Momma Eve, you will be missed.
3 years ago#9
To answer your question about putting BF3 dlc onto a usb stick then yes thats fine. When I had just a 20gb hdd I was using a 16bgb micro sd card which had all the Battlefield dlc on. The only thing is, is that you cant put the hd texture pack on to it.
3 years ago#10
Alright, thanks guys!
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox 360
  3. question about moving DLC

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived