This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

question about moving DLC

#1szunegaPosted 2/3/2013 4:50:04 AM
I need space on my hard drive, and I was thinkinf of deleting some DLC. But the DLC I want to delete is battlefield 3 stuff. But I no longer have the game(may rebuy it eventually) point is, the DLC was from a voucher. So if I delete it, will it be gone forever? meaning, if I want my DLC back, will I have to rebuy the DLC edition of the game or whatever?

or is it possible to just move it onto a USB stick and save it there or something?
---
The Wii and the NES had the most amount of shovelware ever.
#2JukainPosted 2/3/2013 4:51:04 AM
Did you register it to a gamertag? If so, it should be redownloadable at no cost. You can check before you delete if you go to access the content on the marketplace and there's a check icon instead of a price listed.
---
"In peace, vigilance. In war, victory. In death, sacrifice." ~ The Grey Wardens
http://www.trueachievements.com/mygames.aspx?gamerid=71900
#3RycerXPosted 2/3/2013 6:25:57 AM
Once you download something, you own a digital license. It's yours to redownload as many times as you please whether it came from a code or not.
#4szunega(Topic Creator)Posted 2/4/2013 12:58:30 AM
Once you download something, you own a digital license. It's yours to redownload as many times as you please whether it came from a code or not.

I looked at the marketplace. And it's still wanting to charge me(as if I never bought it) so if I delete the content, I can't get it back right?...

I already used the voucher...

Does anyone understand what I mean? it's like if you buy fall out 3: GOTY edition, install the DLC from the DLC disc, but it still says you have to buy it from the marketplace.
---
#5LancetJades(Moderator)Posted 2/4/2013 1:01:11 AM
Go to your download history on the gamertag that redeemed the voucher. It'll be there.
---
Eclipsing power is, at times, not only the instrument of demons, but also of gods.
Lost, but not forgotten.
#6JoboHotepPosted 2/4/2013 1:06:11 AM
szunega posted...

I looked at the marketplace. And it's still wanting to charge me(as if I never bought it) so if I delete the content, I can't get it back right?...

I already used the voucher...

Does anyone understand what I mean? it's like if you buy fall out 3: GOTY edition, install the DLC from the DLC disc, but it still says you have to buy it from the marketplace.

You should be able to just re-download the DLC from your Gamertag account download history.

In specific, what DLC from Battlefield 3 are you talking about? If it's the code that came with BF3 for early weapons unlock (it was a preorder bonus), it's free to download now.

If you're talking about the code that allowed access to the Back to Karkand expansion, that is also available to be re-downloaded from your account history. If it's concerning any of the other DLC, I have no idea, but check your download history, and see if it's listed.
---
If I don't meet you no more in this world then uh, I'll meet ya on the next one..And don't be late- Jimi Hendrix Voodoo Child
#7RycerXPosted 2/4/2013 1:09:14 AM
Yeah, that happens. If you buy something at a discount from the S&S+ app, it still shows up with mspoints on the marketplace, but you can redownload from your history under account management.
#8Super CreaturesPosted 2/4/2013 9:56:03 PM
Hell, it happens to me with Oblivion (bought it last year when it was $10, before the $5 permanent price cut, so normal price was $20, not $15 like it is now).

Sucks having to dig through my download history, instead of just using the game's listing, to redownload it, especially since this is only a recent development, and it used to list properly as having already been purchased.
---
R.I.P. Eve English (Feb. 12, 1968 - Oct. 13, 2010)
Momma Eve, you will be missed.
#9lokinineteenPosted 2/5/2013 12:35:35 AM
To answer your question about putting BF3 dlc onto a usb stick then yes thats fine. When I had just a 20gb hdd I was using a 16bgb micro sd card which had all the Battlefield dlc on. The only thing is, is that you cant put the hd texture pack on to it.
#10szunega(Topic Creator)Posted 2/5/2013 2:00:45 AM
Alright, thanks guys!
---