This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

GameStop closing down....

#61Kupo_Mog_KupoPosted 2/3/2013 5:09:05 PM
There's only one here. I buy games from there a lot tbqh and don't have a problem with them.
#62beautifuldreamsPosted 2/3/2013 5:52:57 PM
I'm not surprised, the customer service is awful. it shouldn't take them 5 minutes to ringup purchases
---
nyuuuuuuuuu~
#63MasterMoronPosted 2/3/2013 8:47:40 PM
I would never buy a game from Gamestop. Why would I buy a new game that's been opened? Would you buy an open package of Oreos just because the employee at the grocery store tells you that it's new?
#64The Top CrusaderPosted 2/3/2013 9:17:14 PM
Have two really close to each other here. Wonder if they will close one?
---
----
-----
#65nightshadeAPosted 2/3/2013 11:56:38 PM
we have 6 with in 50 miles after gs bought out funcoland and babbages then bought out eb

last time one closed here was they shut babbages down cause the FTC made them do so
---
theres no point in telling me the wisdom of fool wont set me free _New order "its easier and better to get forgiven than permission"
#66The Top CrusaderPosted 2/4/2013 6:06:36 AM
After much deep thought about it I kind of see why we have two... one is in the mall which I'm sure picks up random traffic that isn't there just to go to Gamestop, and the other is in a strip and gets business from people not wanting to bother fighting through the mall to get to them. I don't go to either super often but I probably visit the two locations close to the same amount, maybe slightly more the one in the strip.
---
----
-----
#67DumpsterMcNuggetsPosted 2/4/2013 10:01:06 AM
bigybri posted...
I think Gamestop mastered the art of buying and selling used games. They're even better than Best Buy at turning over inventory. The selling opened games as new has to go. They should just open one for the store shelf and when it sells, discount it $5.

That's a good idea. Too bad I doubt GS would seriously consider doing that. And not that it'd affect me, since I already buy new games at other stores ahead, and mainly use GS if I'm looking for hard to find games, or if the used products have been unusually discounted or are on clearance. I'm just surprised they haven't clearanced out all their PS2 and GCN stuff, at the very few stores(at this point) still carrying those systems.
---
np: Extm. G 3(PS2),Yoshi Island(SNES),Alpha Protocol(PS3), Krby Pnbl. Land(GB)
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/588740-super-mario-world-2-yoshis-island/63984893
#68WinternovaPosted 2/4/2013 10:14:14 AM
MasterMoron posted...
I would never buy a game from Gamestop. Why would I buy a new game that's been opened? Would you buy an open package of Oreos just because the employee at the grocery store tells you that it's new?

I've only bought 1 or 2 new games from GameStop that weren't in the shrinkwrap. I think you need to stop exaggerating and stick to facts.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pMKUUUvjjzo
Fan of: Steelers(6-time Champions), Red Wings(11-time Champions)
#69top_gunsPosted 2/4/2013 10:45:32 AM
Local mall has an EBgames and Gamestop. They're owned by the same company. They eat their own freaken profits. Do you really expect them to not suffer somehow?

Having two brands can be very helpful, sadly the average customer doesnt know about them being owned by the same company, if a customer has a bad experiance at game stop they will 9 times out of 10 go to the "rival company" which many would assume to be ebgames.
personally coming from the uk I would hate it if game was to shut down seeing as there is next to no idependent game shops open, hmv is all but gone and supermarkets have a very small selection. if game was to go it would leave me no other choice but to stop gaming as i refuse to use amazon zavvi or play untill they stop tax evasion (but thats my own veiw point sadly many others dont see it that way)
---
Yes I know what the Champion's League is, it's the division under the Premiership---minifidel on the fifa bord
#70JenniferTatePosted 2/4/2013 10:52:00 AM
What if I had something pre-ordered at a store that is getting shut down? Do they give notice? What if I wasn't up on news and didn't know the store was due to close, or if it did close already?

How does that work?
---
Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth. - Mike Tyson