This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Marketplace Discounts

#1DrFeelgood1984Posted 2/3/2013 12:44:51 PM
I just recently realized how awesome some of the XBLA games are, just a month after they were all on a crazy Christmas sale. Is there usually some sort of Spring promotion? There's 2 or 3 games I want but I don't want to pay full price if they'll be on sale again in a month or two.
#2SkydudePosted 2/3/2013 12:54:00 PM
Sometimes there's a big "April Fools" sale. Aside from that, some weeks have better sales than others. Occasionally there'll be a great random sale that a publisher will decide to have.
---
Jesus loves everyone!
Except people still whining about the refs in Super Bowl XL or XLIII. He's sick of your complaining.
#3Super CreaturesPosted 2/3/2013 12:58:04 PM
You never know what is or isn't going to be on sale.

Borderlands was on sale on Dec. 27 as part of the Countdown to 2013, and then was on sale again a few weeks ago during the 2K Games publisher sale, so there is a chance that other content that was part of the countdown will be on sale again soon, or it may be another 2 years until it is on sale again.

Also, typically, the only big Spring promotion is when they release a set of games (such as with the XBLA Next titles, like Minecraft, last year) and offer a set amount of points for buying a certain number of games.

Of course, that doesn't mean the typical DotW, publisher sales, and other special sales won't also be occurring, you just never know what, or when, they will be, until that week or the week before when Major Nelson makes his post every other week, unless it is a major deal that is promoted before hand.
---
R.I.P. Eve English (Feb. 12, 1968 - Oct. 13, 2010)
Momma Eve, you will be missed.
#4Super CreaturesPosted 2/3/2013 12:59:25 PM
Skydude posted...
Sometimes there's a big "April Fools" sale

Damn, I completely forgot about that.

Got Faery for 600 points (before the permanent price cut) and X-Men for 200 points during the 2011 (or was it 2010?) sale, but I don't think they had one last year.
---
R.I.P. Eve English (Feb. 12, 1968 - Oct. 13, 2010)
Momma Eve, you will be missed.
#5d3z1i0bPosted 2/3/2013 1:43:44 PM
What games did you want to buy?
#6DrFeelgood1984(Topic Creator)Posted 2/3/2013 4:29:02 PM
d3z1i0b posted...
What games did you want to buy?

Super Meat Boy, Shadow Complex, and Trials Evolution (if the demo would stop crashing at the title screen)
#7gabriusPosted 2/3/2013 4:31:09 PM
www.cheapassgamer.com

www.xbldb.com

Bookmark both of those and visit them often.
---
SHOOTEMUP
/XBL|PSN\ - Gabrius