This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

What is the reason hardcore gamers are afraid to do easy mode or normal mode?

#11shawnmckPosted 2/3/2013 4:20:48 PM
I'm pretty hard-core (have owned every home console since the NES, plus I currently own a Wii-U, XB 360, & PS3)....and I play on normal all the time.
#12nazacuckooPosted 2/3/2013 4:21:27 PM
GGearX posted...
I look back at my past experiences with harder difficulties, and I noticed that I yell, or feel like breaking my controller.
I remember playing with my brother and I we both got angry at each other for dying.

Then I think back on the days where I played easy mode and it feels so stress free. It feels fun, which IMO games should be 95% of the time.

So you guys like the challenge, the stress that comes with it when you fail?

How many siblings do you have? I ask this because I'm pretty sure
your the guy who posts on the 3DS boards about having an incestual relationship with your sister.

On-topic I usually play games on normal the first time round,
then on harder difficulties on my second playthrough.
---
If there is one thing I have learned from years of watching cartoons as a kid, its that you don't F*** with Shamans >:D
#13PwnostarPosted 2/3/2013 4:32:13 PM
I just play it on the hardest difficulty because that's what I want to do.

People who get over-inflated egos and delusions of being "hardcore" just because they can complete a game on it's highest difficulty probably need to take a step back. That's almost as silly as the people who divide games into "casual" and "hardcore" categories and then judge other people based on which categories they play more games from.

Though it probably will not happen, I hope these labels fade away with the coming of the next generation of consoles.
---
Disregard women, sell illegal substances, and acquire currency.
#14Shy420Posted 2/3/2013 4:41:27 PM
Sooo because people want a more challenging experience they're "afraid" of easier modes? Okay
---
I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed, or numbered! My life is my own.
#15GGearX(Topic Creator)Posted 2/3/2013 4:43:32 PM
Pwnostar posted...
I just play it on the hardest difficulty because that's what I want to do.

People who get over-inflated egos and delusions of being "hardcore" just because they can complete a game on it's highest difficulty probably need to take a step back. That's almost as silly as the people who divide games into "casual" and "hardcore" categories and then judge other people based on which categories they play more games from.

Though it probably will not happen, I hope these labels fade away with the coming of the next generation of consoles.

It won't happen. I mean what defines a hardcore gamer and a casual?
I have my own opinions but I would like to hear your guys answers.
---
GT: KryDamoure *Insert cool line here *
.............I'm a very shy guy........
#16ukokira1Posted 2/3/2013 4:52:46 PM
I always play on normal thrn higher. I want a challenge but not one that will stomp me in the ground.
---
Look at you, soaring through the air like an bird... Piloting a blimp.
#17EM_MegaPosted 2/3/2013 5:04:46 PM
Lolno, I put XCOM on normal as soon as I start a new game with Ironman.
---
Main: Nova/Spencer/Hawkeye
Side: Strider/Dante/Doom
#18StroutXPosted 2/3/2013 5:05:28 PM
I play games on the hardest difficulty regardless of achievement or not.
Far Cry 3
Red Faction: Guerrilla
Fallout 3 + New Vegas
Skyrim
...etc.
Mostly because I hate feeling over powered, and find it more satisfying to beat it at its best (or worst...whatever).
#19656stoogePosted 2/3/2013 5:07:26 PM
shawnmck posted...
I'm pretty hard-core (have owned every home console since the NES, plus I currently own a Wii-U, XB 360, & PS3)....and I play on normal all the time.

That. I also love hard games, but rather games that are designed to be hard and not due to artificially increasing enemy accuracy or health.

Yes most games are more difficult on harder difficulties, but that doesn't always make them enjoyable and fair. An example would be most FPS that simply increase enemy health and accuracy compared to Halo that goes to the trouble of altering AI routines.
Getting out smarted by an Elite is a more satisfying experience than having 100 grenades lobbed at your feet.

Other games give you all the tools you'll ever need to survive but only harder difficulties force you to master them. Games like DMC and Ninja Gaiden are good examples. Meanwhile, similar games like GoW frustrate me above normal difficulty because the combat doesn't have the depth those other games do.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PQ_wbc3Z5C8
#20darkharePosted 2/3/2013 5:16:35 PM
i dont consider myself a hardcore gamer at all, matter of fact i consider myself a casual gamer yet i still play the majority of the single player games on hardest or next to the hardest difficulty.
---
micro-transactions in $60.00 retail games, it will get worse devs are just boiling the frog slowly so we dont notice.