This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

What is the reason hardcore gamers are afraid to do easy mode or normal mode?

#101GGearX(Topic Creator)Posted 2/4/2013 3:13:56 PM
MRL3G3ND posted...
once again...

hardcore does not mean the degree of difficulty of games you play...it simply reflects the frequency in which you engage in gaming activities

That's today's gamer mentality, yes.
---
GT: KryDamoure *Insert cool line here *
.............I'm a very shy guy........
#102SunDevil77Posted 2/4/2013 3:15:54 PM
Battletoads.
---
Royal with Cheese. What do they call a Big Mac? Big Mac's a Big Mac, but they call it Le Big Mac.
#103kingwutuguPosted 2/4/2013 3:30:44 PM
go play devil kings, you'll want to play on easy for a long time.
---
There is no I in team, But there is an I in Win
#104tubb311Posted 2/4/2013 3:34:40 PM
these days i tend to choose my difficulty based on achievements. if they require a certain difficulty, then I will play on harder settings. if not, i'll use easy to burn through it. after all, i am playing these single player games for the story, not to be frustrated by BS AI.
#105LightgamerPosted 2/4/2013 4:02:07 PM
pennywise666 posted...
Lightgamer posted...
I avoid playing on Normal and Easy because of the experience. The experience is more intense on higher difficulties, and that's a fact that's true to games like Call of Duty and Halo, especially Halo ("Heroic : This is the way Halo is meant to be played"). AI is more aggressive and react better to your tactics.

I am playing Mass Effect 3 on hardcore, this is the first time, its not too hard. At times I even wish I started it off on Insanity because so far it's been rough but mostly smooth.

As for games like Bayonetta and DMC.. Ninja Gaiden II >_>, I have to play these games on their Normal modes because I can't handle the higher difficulties. So the genre also plays a factor. I can handle the highest difficulty on most FPS games.

Yeah but games like bayonetta and Devil may cry they kind of expect you to play a lower difficulty before moving to harder because of all the collectibles and upgrades...

I understand that, but it isnt like I jump in a higher difficulty. I beat Bayonetta twice on normal. I tried moving up but its brutal.
---
Xbox Live: GodintheGalaxy, PSN: EuphoricJudas
#106RevolutionZealPosted 2/4/2013 4:06:01 PM
I only look for the hardest mode to make the game longer. Even if the cost is frustration. My personal cost-Benefit analysis tells me to take the hardest mode available whenever possible. lol
#107Mumble_Posted 2/4/2013 4:24:34 PM
Harder games are more fun.
---
HELLO!!!
#108Kou-NurasakaPosted 2/4/2013 10:46:49 PM
blablablax17 posted...
I play games mainly for story, so I always play on easy.
I don't think I've ever played a game on hard mode.

See, I think this is the main point of contention. Traditionally, shooters (COD, SOCOM, Unreal, Quake) have very little story, so the biggest part of the fun comes from the gameplay.

I think for RPG's and the occasional action adventure game, the story is the biggest draw. Even Demon's/Dark Souls is always praised for its combat, not its setting or story. If you want a good story, then the gameplay is fluff added on for fun factor. My main driving force is to see the story unravel and connect all of the loose ends. I couldn't care less about gameplay in a game, I want to be immersed in the world.