This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

What is the reason hardcore gamers are afraid to do easy mode or normal mode?

#31OKRecords1138Posted 2/3/2013 7:24:58 PM
What's a hardcore gamer? Seems like just a title that over enthusiastic gamers give themselves.
---
See all your favorite toys of yesterday and today at The Toy Box - thetoybox1138.blogspot.com
#32Carte360Posted 2/3/2013 7:31:42 PM
I always play on normal because I like having fun. :D
---
Why would Microsoft worry about exclusives when it has the awe-inspiring Kinect to sell consoles. - MrRGerk
#33emolsifierPosted 2/3/2013 7:33:43 PM
Agh... TC speaks truth! Even a causal gamer like myself must admit that I've skipped over the Easy, Normal and Hard modes to play at the Highest difficulty.
---
Newbie PKMN Trainer: 0132-8070-8825 BLACK
#34GGearX(Topic Creator)Posted 2/3/2013 7:33:50 PM
Carte360 posted...

You can still have fun playing a hard game.
Example?
Super meat boy or dark souls.
---
GT: KryDamoure *Insert cool line here *
.............I'm a very shy guy........
#35Kou-NurasakaPosted 2/3/2013 7:41:27 PM
I'm actually not too ashamed to pop a game down on easy, if it is a hard game. Games like DMC make everything too hard. DMC 3 is a great example of needless hard difficulty just to cater or a specific subset of players who feel the need to prove their awesomeness by playing on harder difficulties.

Skyrim has a problem with this too, with most people opting to play on master or expert simply because playing on adept (normal) would be too weenie.

I am primarily an RPG player, so if something goes wrong, its either a fluke with the battle system (enemy hits a critical, counters something, gets those .0001 chance "you will suffer at my hands for all of eternity" type of rolls) or you are under-leveled/ under equiped. Action games and shooters are naturally more difficult for me simply because I don't play that many of them.

So, while I am a hardcore gamer, I don't mind playing on easy when the game is above my current ability. The kicker here is that RPG's don't have difficulty levels. More or less, I play on normal. The exception is games like "Tales of" where I bump the difficulty up after the first playthrough.
#36doraemonllh1989Posted 2/3/2013 7:44:30 PM
because of too easy

you see,lets discuss about games like dead space 2

i play the game on zealot (hardcore mode is ridiculous,i skip it),when i upgraded my character fully,i feel like my character earns it,all the damage and defense,worth upgrading aagisnt my enemy,but if i play on easy mode,i feel like im overpowered,thats what im feeling,its weird but thats how i play my game
---
my grammar sucks and i dont care
disappointing game of the year = re6 (6.5/10)
#37Carte360Posted 2/3/2013 7:52:25 PM
GGearX posted...
Carte360 posted...

You can still have fun playing a hard game.
Example?
Super meat boy or dark souls.

Misread my post. I'm saying I play on normal because it is fun for me.

Not saying other people can't have fun on hard/easy. But I prefer normal, how the devs intended it.
---
Why would Microsoft worry about exclusives when it has the awe-inspiring Kinect to sell consoles. - MrRGerk
#38justdontaskPosted 2/3/2013 7:53:09 PM
i always start on the easiest mode for a blind run of a game... if ive played it before, i ramp it up to the hardest because i know whats coming, and i know what worked on easy... i usually skip normal because there isnt a big difference between easy and normal, or normal and hard...
---
logic escapes this site.
#39C810Posted 2/3/2013 7:55:24 PM
I usually play new games on normal the first time through to get used to how the game plays, the lay of the levels, and find any collectibles/secrets. I like playing on normal since I can usually play through it without too much of a hassle. After that, then I'll play through on the hardest difficulty for the challenge. Plus I like the feeling of accomplishment that comes from beating the hardest difficulty.
---
"Modern Biology is Chemistry, modern Chemistry is Physics, and modern Physics is...crazy." - Mark Peyron
#40bdavis93Posted 2/3/2013 8:03:07 PM
Let's take Diablo 3 as an example. The game was watered-down, and in order to get to the even remotely challenging inferno difficult, you have to play through the game a mind-numbingly easy 3 times.