This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

What is the reason hardcore gamers are afraid to do easy mode or normal mode?

#41greaterspherePosted 2/3/2013 7:06:41 PM
Quite simple, for the CHALLENGE!
---
Batman: You want to know something funny? Even after everything you've done, I would have saved you.
The Joker: [laughs, coughs] Actually that is pretty funny.
#42The_Mighty_KELPPosted 2/3/2013 7:07:40 PM
They aren't. You're making it up.
---
Jogurt attacks! Inflicts 1 point of damage on the Goblin. Goblin is defeated! Jogurt gains experience.
...it appears that Jogurt's level has increased to 1.
#43Dersu_UzalaPosted 2/3/2013 7:07:58 PM
It's almost always less fun and interesting. That's all there is to it.
#44blablablax17Posted 2/3/2013 7:17:36 PM
I play games mainly for story, so I always play on easy.
I don't think I've ever played a game on hard mode.
---
Sent from my iPhone via PowerFAQs 1.10
#45LonnyJohnsonPosted 2/3/2013 7:27:22 PM
Why would I be afraid to play easy? I just play hardcore because I like the challenge.
---
Lonny "Booty" Johnson
#46ninja_poopPosted 2/3/2013 7:36:29 PM
being called names by their other "hardcore" gamer friends.
---
Not changing my signature until marijuana is legalized. Monday, January 18, 2010, 8:08 PM
-11.06.12 Colorado becomes the first state
#47EliteGuard99Posted 2/3/2013 7:46:52 PM
I don't wanna be bored to death when I play the game for the first time.
---
"I like my weapons how I like my music, HEAVY and METAL! - Mordekaiser
#48legisu86Posted 2/3/2013 8:17:34 PM
I've been playing games since the 16 bit era. Back then, most games were "incomplete" on easy mode, in the sense that you didn't experienced all the stages, levels and sometimes even the ending sequence if you played on easy. So it became an habit of never choosing the easy mode even if the game were pretty hard on normal.
The funny thing is that i never play on hard or expert since i'm not that good, Lol!
---
My three major game trauma: Shenmue, Xenogears and Xenosaga
I'm a badass reporter!!
#49DarkGam3rPosted 2/3/2013 8:23:30 PM(edited)
If your definition of a hardcore gamer is someone who is always surprised to find out that he or she spent at least 200 hours on a videogame total without even realizing it, then here's my reason:

I feel shameful and belittled for picking easy on a first playthrough of a game.
I used to feel the same about normal mode, then I understood that normal mode is the way some games are meant to played (In the developers' eyes) and I want to experience the game as it's intended to be.

But in those days where I never touched normal mode...

I felt really weak about choosing normal mode on a game; I wanted to prove myself. I wanted to show the game who's boss, and that I can master it in one playthrough.

That was my purpose for playing games.
---
"I'm no hero."
#50GGearX(Topic Creator)Posted 2/3/2013 8:23:43 PM
legisu86 posted...
I've been playing games since the 16 bit era. Back then, most games were "incomplete" on easy mode, in the sense that you didn't experienced all the stages, levels and sometimes even the ending sequence if you played on easy. So it became an habit of never choosing the easy mode even if the game were pretty hard on normal.
The funny thing is that i never play on hard or expert since i'm not that good, Lol!

I only started on the N64 era (but I have played a lot of classics, MM FTW!) but I have seen some older gamers tell me
" What's this casual bullcrap? Back in my day, we were never given the option to
make games p*** easy. We had to deal with the pain and punishment the game dished out, and it molded us into hardcore gamers. Nowadays, any 2 year old can pick up a Nintendo game and beat it with crap options like "casual mode""
---
GT: KryDamoure *Insert cool line here *
.............I'm a very shy guy........