This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

What is the reason hardcore gamers are afraid to do easy mode or normal mode?

#91TheBlueStigPosted 2/4/2013 9:49:25 AM
Shy420 posted...
TheBlueStig posted...
Easy mode should never be able to get through the entire game, at some point in time the player should be forced to switch to normal mode.

At the very least Easy mode should be locked out until the gamer has tried Normal mode and died a certain number of times.

Why, why does it bother you that other people who have no link to you should want an easy time of it playing a game. If you chose to play on a harder difficulty why would it bother you that there is an easier way to play. I never truly understand this selfish mentality. Not every one has the same skills or experience playing games.

Because the entire gaming industry is being dumbed down by difficulty levels being lowered across the board to cater to skill-less casuals who were raised with the kindergarten mentality of getting trophies for mediocrity.
---
"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."
Ben Franklin
#92SheepinatorPosted 2/4/2013 10:20:08 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#93SheepinatorPosted 2/4/2013 11:51:15 AM
TheBlueStig posted...
Because the entire gaming industry is being dumbed down by difficulty levels being lowered across the board to cater to skill-less casuals who were raised with the kindergarten mentality of getting trophies for mediocrity.

Not disagreeing with the situation but you aren't going to change a lifetime of behavior and parental laxness by having a prompt pop up on a game after 5 deaths, nor is it the game industrys job to do so. How about if we find the best players in the world and they can say all games should start at their skill level and everything below that should be locked? Instead of calling it Easy we can take a cue from Itagaki and call it Noob or Loser. We could rename Hard mode to Wanna Be Pro.

Seeking to exclude everyone who isn't at your specific skill level is elitist and ultimately self-damaging since fewer sales obviously has impacts on future investment. If everyone is catered for, everyone wins.
---
My mad face and my happy face are the same.
#94mattcorley1212Posted 2/4/2013 11:59:40 AM
You gotta play hardcore if you wanna live hardcore and prolly also because the legend of the rent was way hardcore
---
"this fit like clothes made outta wasp"
GT-K3lnk3ll
#95_OujiDoza_Posted 2/4/2013 12:01:04 PM
Get out of the school in River City Ransom and then talk to me about games that are hard.
---
U CAN MAKE FUN OF ME BEING AN EAGLES FAN BUT I HAVE A BETTER LIFE THAN YOU A GF WHO LOVES ME
http://i.imgur.com/9XBfO.jpg (DC wat u think)
#96SonyHoundDawgPosted 2/4/2013 12:01:06 PM
Depends on the game.

I always play CoD singple player campaign on easy or normal because while the stories are usually entertaining, killing waves of generic soliders just gets boring after a while.

Something like Halo, I'll play on Heroic as singple player. I only tackle lenendary on multiplayer cause its to annoying other wise with the enemies being so bullet spongy and you die so much.

Stuff like Mass Effect that has fun gameplay I usually start off on the one below insanity for my first playthough, then go with insanity.
#97mattcorley1212Posted 2/4/2013 12:03:34 PM
But in all seriousness. If i hve no idea what im doin in a game then normal and if i can change it later then hard. But i usually play hard. Just makes more sense to, provides a better challenge. But its def not for bragging right. Cuz no one in my friends group could give a dick that i beat games on hella hard. They could give a dick less that i even play games /sadlife
---
"this fit like clothes made outta wasp"
GT-K3lnk3ll
#98RPG_ApostlePosted 2/4/2013 12:06:12 PM
Hey TC.

Shut up.
---
Then mark him if he violates the rules and shut up. Baseman, GameFAQs Moderator
#99MRL3G3NDPosted 2/4/2013 12:10:58 PM
once again...

hardcore does not mean the degree of difficulty of games you play...it simply reflects the frequency in which you engage in gaming activities
---
The Closest You'll Ever Come to Afghanistan in Gaming...
http://youtu.be/GIhqUiQJt6Q
#100CrankShaftPosted 2/4/2013 12:18:44 PM
I wouldn't say that I'm afraid of easy but they way games play to me is Hard mode is Normal and normal is easy and easy mode is for people that just want a "movie experience" where they can play the game and get all of the story without being challenged.