This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

So I'm really curious... Why all the console hate/favoritism really?

#1DarkECOJakPosted 2/3/2013 6:08:55 PM
As a guy who's been a gamer and collector for the past 22 years, I have amassed almost every console and tons of games released in that time. All the old, all the new and soon to be all the future ones. So whenever I hear people calling out a system or saying they only support one company, I've really started to wonder why this is. I hear things like: "The Wii is only for kids." "The Xbox 360 isn't as powerful as PS3 and therefore sucks." "The PS3 doesn't have the exclusives 360 does, like Halo." "My PC has amazing graphics, so take your bull**** consoles out of here!"

So why all the hate? I'm just really, genuinely curious. Did these hated consoles take advantage of you as a kid and steal your innocence? I constantly have friends who say I'm foolish for owning everything, but my answers are always the same...

If I don't own a Wii, how would I play Super Mario Galaxy, Skyward Sword and Brawl? Without an Xbox I'd be missing out on Halo, Gears of War and Fable. No PS3? Give me a better way to play Uncharted, God of War or Heavy Rain. Why do I have a DS/3DS? So I can get my Pokemon, Kingdom Hearts and Mario fix on the go...

If I didn't buy all of these, I'd probably have missed out on some of my favorite games. I'm sure the same goes for many of you. Hell, I never thought BioShock would end up being one of my favorite games ever, but it happened. So if you're on the hate side of the fence, care to share your thoughts?
---
Love Mystery Science Theater? Check out ROFL@TheMovies! http://www.youtube.com/user/ROFLatTheMovies?feature=mhee
#2mrhappyguy12345Posted 2/3/2013 6:11:13 PM
1. A lot of haters are young kids
2. They hate the consoles they don't have in order to feel better about the ones they do have.
3.Boobs
---
I love video games : )
#3GGearXPosted 2/3/2013 6:13:16 PM(edited)
mrhappyguy12345 posted...
2. They hate the consoles they don't have in order to feel better about the ones they do have.
3.Boobs

I like Boobs.
---
GT: KryDamoure *Insert cool line here *
.............I'm a very shy guy........
#4DarkECOJak(Topic Creator)Posted 2/3/2013 6:12:20 PM
3.Boobs

I especially dig reason 3.
---
Love Mystery Science Theater? Check out ROFL@TheMovies! http://www.youtube.com/user/ROFLatTheMovies?feature=mhee
#5shagadelicPosted 2/3/2013 6:42:04 PM
3.Boobs
#6gabriusPosted 2/3/2013 6:43:50 PM
Google "brand loyalty".

IMO, it's a rather pathetic phenomenon.
---
SHOOTEMUP
/XBL|PSN\ - Gabrius
#7gabriusPosted 2/3/2013 6:44:54 PM
Plus, people don't like thinking they bought an inferior product, so anything they don't own becomes crap in the minds of the feeble.
---
SHOOTEMUP
/XBL|PSN\ - Gabrius
#8rockyoumonkeysPosted 2/3/2013 7:55:10 PM
Yep, basically it just amounts to people who for whatever reason only have one console, feeling the need to tear down the other so they feel better about the one they have.
---
Formerly Known As: boingboingboing
Now Reading: Great North Road, P. Hamilton
#9SunDevil77Posted 2/3/2013 7:56:53 PM
gabrius posted...
Google "brand loyalty".

Indeed. I can't tell you the s*** I get from my elitist ass motorhead friends about the brand of my car.
---
Royal with Cheese. What do they call a Big Mac? Big Mac's a Big Mac, but they call it Le Big Mac.
#10skiguy1981Posted 2/3/2013 8:05:41 PM
SunDevil77 posted...
gabrius posted...
Google "brand loyalty".

Indeed. I can't tell you the s*** I get from my elitist ass motorhead friends about the brand of my car.

Why can't people like one brand over another? Now I understand that we don't need to jump down someones throat because they don't like what they like but that doesn't mean people can't be "brand loyal"

I own both the PS3 and the 360, I like the 360 more (mostly because of the controler and on a lesser note I hate how you have to install all the games on the PS3) I also like Ford over chevy. Now do I give people cra p about the PS3 and chevys... NO because I don't care that much but that doesn't mean I can't tell people I like the 360 and Fords.

What ev..
---
The problem with Internet quotations is that many are not genuine. - Abraham Lincoln