This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

The best horror game of this generation? (Poll)

#1CyricsServantPosted 2/3/2013 6:48:20 PM
What is your favorite horror game of this generation? - Results (138 votes)
Condemned: Criminal Origins
13.04% (18 votes)
Silent Hill: Homecoming, Shattered Memories, or Downpour
2.9% (4 votes)
Deadly Premonition
9.42% (13 votes)
Resident Evil: Revelations
3.62% (5 votes)
Dead Space 1 or 2
34.78% (48 votes)
Amnesia: The Dark Descent
22.46% (31 votes)
Lone Survivor
1.45% (2 votes)
Zombie Wii U
2.17% (3 votes)
Slender
5.07% (7 votes)
Other (e.g. Penumbra: Black Plague, Home, etc.)
5.07% (7 votes)
This poll is now closed.
I've been playing a lot of horror games lately (e.g. Amnesia, LS, etc.) so I decided to spam this board with yet another poll!

Just to clarify, this is a poll for horror games and not survival horror games. I know the term "horror" is somewhat nebulously defined, so borderline cases are acceptable. For instance, some would argue that Deadly Premonition and Dead Space aren't horror games . . . but I decided to include them anyway. So if your favorite "horror" game is Resident Evil 5, for example, feel free to vote for it via other.

So yeah . . . I know the horror genre is all but dead, but we still got some decent ones this gen. Which was your favorite? Also, feel free to tell me what a jackass I am for leaving out your personal favorite, or tying multiple games to a single vote.

Happy voting!
#2HeLeehamPosted 2/3/2013 6:50:18 PM
My favourite game on that list is Deadly Premonition.
#3shawnmckPosted 2/3/2013 7:03:42 PM
Dead Space is horror, as defined by the sense that there is a good vs bad, sense of imposing dread, uses sound to induce tension, has all the blood & gore, monsters (necromorphs), etc...

http://thescriptlab.com/screenplay/genre/horror

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Horror_fiction

Dead Space has everything that defines horror.
Just because it doesn't instill fear in some players, does NOT mean that it isn't horror.
Using the definitions of the genre "Horror"....Dead Space has everything that defines the genre, therefore it is horror.

And it would have my vote too.

BTW
ZombiU would win my vote for "Survival-Horror".
#4SunDevil77Posted 2/3/2013 7:09:46 PM
In terms of best horror I'd say Amnesia.

Best made game? Dead Space.

My favorite? Deadly Premonition.
---
Royal with Cheese. What do they call a Big Mac? Big Mac's a Big Mac, but they call it Le Big Mac.
#5ScymitePosted 2/3/2013 7:15:00 PM
SunDevil77 posted...
In terms of best horror I'd say Amnesia.

Best made game? Dead Space.

My favorite? Deadly Premonition.

yup
---
"I always found it both amusing and oddly appropriate that the rhetoric of the Information Age ended up being so... binary." -- Time_pants
#6DarthSchubertPosted 2/3/2013 7:15:25 PM
I loved Dead Space 1 - one of my favorite games of this generation. But I have to give it up to Amnesia. That's the only game I've played in years that I turn off due to being too tense. That last game that did that to me was the first Resident Evil, and I was a kid when I played that.
---
"Life is like a box of chocolates. Diabetics can't enjoy either."
#7CyricsServant(Topic Creator)Posted 2/3/2013 8:02:24 PM
Well this is shaping up to be a massacre. I sort of figured DS or Amnesia would win.

Poor Lone Survivor . . . you still have the best intro, imo.
#8HIroChuPosted 2/3/2013 8:06:59 PM(edited)
The only game on that list that made me scared while playing is amnesia which is also my favorite horror game
#9Enix BelmontPosted 2/3/2013 8:06:38 PM
Favorite game is RE5 probably but it's hardly horror in my eyes. Voted for Deadly Premonition because it's between that and DS2, and Deadly Premonition made me jump more(not kidding) and is just cooler.
---
http://i38.tinypic.com/15mk29j.jpg
#10link0316Posted 2/3/2013 8:13:57 PM
Dead space easily.
---
GT : Zom6iesRPeople2