This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

The best horror game of this generation? (Poll)

#11TheBeastWithinPosted 2/3/2013 8:40:17 PM
SunDevil77 posted...
In terms of best horror I'd say Amnesia.

Best made game? Dead Space.

My favorite? Deadly Premonition.

Exactly my thoughts.
---
Run you pigeons, it's Robert Frost!
#12teehee23Posted 2/3/2013 8:42:02 PM
Best: Dead Space
Worst: RE4 and Zombi U
---
Don't hate us because we're beautiful...
#13ironmaidenfan70Posted 2/3/2013 8:44:39 PM
best condemned
---
I used to do drugs. I still do drugs. But I used to, too.
#14656stoogePosted 2/3/2013 10:15:33 PM
SunDevil77 posted...

I concur. Also, I'll add that Condemned and Revelations were awesome and I feel a need to say something derogatory about Downpour, but I won't.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PQ_wbc3Z5C8
#15JoboHotepPosted 2/4/2013 1:09:53 AM
SunDevil77 posted...

^^ Agreed 100%
---
If I don't meet you no more in this world then uh, I'll meet ya on the next one..And don't be late- Jimi Hendrix Voodoo Child
#16CyricsServant(Topic Creator)Posted 2/4/2013 7:34:16 AM
SunDevil77 posted...

I mostly agree with this. Except, while I like DP more than Dead Space and Amnesia, my personal favorite would have to be Silent Hill Downpour. For all of its technical flaws (which are legion) the game does a lot to differentiate itself from its predecessors, and a lot of the changes are more hit than miss.

DP probably has the largest, most explorable version of the town of Silent Hill in the entire series, and I loved roaming around the streets, accidentally stumbling into creepy side quests. Most of the side-quests are their own self-contained narratives that have absolutely nothing to do with the main story, and I'd go a step further and say most of them are more captivating than the main story. Just to throw out a few examples, they include solving a murder mystery by playing a phonograph backwards and watching the murder in reverse, entering into a black & white movie, and solving the mystery of what happened to a young autistic girl. The monster designs are pretty uninspired, but the team's ability to craft an interesting world outweighed that for me.

I've also got to say, I can definitely respect people voting for Condemned. That game probably has the best pacing in a horror game I've ever seen. I wouldn't even call it a horror game . . . until you get to the abandoned shopping mall at level 5. That's when **** hits the fan. Up to that point you're just bludgeoning junkies to death while searching for the Matchmaker serial killer. When you track him to the mall though, that's when things start to get weird. Most of the drugged out winos in that stage have horribly mutilated faces, and many of them pose as mannequins, attacking you when you least expect it. You end up going through the stage very slowly because you never know when you'll be attacked. That's also the stage where you start hallucinating . . . and you discovered that the Matchmaker serial killer was murdered in the same fashion he kills his own victims by someone else. It's creepy in the extreme.
#17vigorm0rtisPosted 2/4/2013 7:44:11 AM
SunDevil77 posted...

Yep.
---
"'Grab the guns!' 'What about the troll?' 'Leave the troll.'"--ATHF