This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Advice with playing 360 on pc monitor? Help would be very much appreciated

#1telekiller5Posted 2/3/2013 7:01:28 PM
So my 10+ year old tv just broke, and I was wondering how to play my 360 through my monitor. Im not that tech savvy (Im just praying Im on the right board for this question) but heres all the specs I can figure out.

My xbox is the original version, no slim, or elite or whatever they are. Im pretty sure it has an HDMI port (either that or a USB port, above where I plug in my ethernet), but I dont have any kind of HD cable, cause I got the core version when it came out, so I just got the yellow/white/red cable.

My monitor is a samsung (not sure if that matters), and has 2 ports, DVI IN and RGB IN. My pc currently goes into DVI, but if I did this, would I be able to plug in both my 360 and pc and switch between them easily? or would I need to just get another monitor?

I would really appreciate any help on how to do this. If you need any other info, just tell me how to find it :)
---
Xbox live-Telekiller5
I have friends in high places, theyre called snipers.
#2xiTz_RyaNxPosted 2/3/2013 7:02:16 PM
HDMI cable for most will do, otherwise you'd need an adapter of some sort.
---
Saying I'm one of the best is just rude. All the people who don't agree look stupid then, and I don't want to make everyone feel stupid. (GT)- GotMyProSocksOn
#3telekiller5(Topic Creator)Posted 2/3/2013 7:08:04 PM
an HDMI adapter for which port on my monitor, DVI or RGB? and If DVI, would multiple things be able to connect to it?

also, I just realized I dont have speakers in my monitor, so how can I get sound?
---
Xbox live-Telekiller5
#4googlerPosted 2/3/2013 7:15:40 PM
They have vga cables but the audio adaptor is really short. The DVI was only sold in Japan
#5telekiller5(Topic Creator)Posted 2/3/2013 7:21:25 PM
is vga the yellow/white/red cable? and if youre saying DVI is impossible, does vga plug into RGB?
---
Xbox live-Telekiller5
#6telekiller5(Topic Creator)Posted 2/3/2013 8:13:48 PM
is there an adapter from yellow/white/red (please, someone tell me what thats called) to DVI or RGB?
---
Xbox live-Telekiller5
#7TantrumBullPosted 2/3/2013 8:24:20 PM
Was thinking of getting one of these since my monitors don't 't have an hdmi port on them.

http://www.amazon.com/High-Definition-VGA-Cable-Xbox-360/dp/B003VD56JS/ref=sr_1_7?ie=UTF8&qid=1359951768&sr=8-7&keywords=xbox+360+vga
---
For what ever reason G_gglypuff completely forgot Ninja Gaiden Black is an Xbox game even though I told him it is and even told him I have it. >_<
#8telekiller5(Topic Creator)Posted 2/3/2013 8:33:30 PM
so which port does it go into?
---
Xbox live-Telekiller5
#9SS_MetalSonicPosted 2/3/2013 8:39:35 PM
Your RGB port
---
PSWiiPC60DS - Deus Ex, Crysis, Skyward Sword, Black ops 2, Farcry 3
Forza 4, Rage, InFamous 2, Darksiders 2, Vanquish, NBA2K13, Halo 4, Skyrim, Borderlands
#10MasturCheeffPosted 2/3/2013 8:55:45 PM(edited)
Just did this last year.

I used an HDMI to DVI cable (or converter if you already have HDMI)

I used these for getting audio to speakers.

3.5mm stereo coupler female to female
3.5mm stereo male to RCA female adapter

(You can get one that is 3.5mm stereo female to RCA female instead of those 2)

After that, I did this to be able to use HDMI for video and component for audio. Not the same video but same result.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rlwh63Yecf0
---
I r guy.