This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

BEST NEWS ALL DAY!! Arcadecraft, out now on XBLIG

#1XTGhost85Posted 2/3/2013 8:39:53 PM
Arcadecraft, the 80s arcade management sim from Firebase Industries, is available now on Xbox Live Indie Games for 240 MS Points ($3). In Arcadecraft, players must dig themselves out of debt with the latest craze in entrepreneurship, starting an arcade. As owner and manager, players purchase arcade machines, position them around the space, name their arcade, paint the walls, change the floors, and add graphics and neon wherever they deem necessary.

Arcadecraft has almost 80 arcade machines of different design, each with adjustable difficulty and price settings, and some games will jam, break down and need servicing as customers use and abuse them.

Firebase Industries, the team behind Orbitron: Revolution, has Arcadecraft on Steam Greenlight and is working on a touch-based Windows 8 version.
---
Xbox GT Silent Ghost MP !! NHL 13, Borderlands 2, Resident Evil 6, Dishonored, Assassin's Creed III, WWE '13, Halo 4, Black Ops II
#2liquidblue4Posted 2/3/2013 9:29:23 PM
Yeah, it has been out for a few days now. I wanted to try it out, but didn't want to spend 240 on it.
---
GT: Liquidbiue4
PSN: Liquidblue4
#3jon davisPosted 2/4/2013 6:34:40 AM
XTGhost85 posted...
Arcadecraft, the 80s arcade management sim from Firebase Industries, is available now on Xbox Live Indie Games for 240 MS Points ($3). In Arcadecraft, players must dig themselves out of debt with the latest craze in entrepreneurship, starting an arcade. As owner and manager, players purchase arcade machines, position them around the space, name their arcade, paint the walls, change the floors, and add graphics and neon wherever they deem necessary.

Arcadecraft has almost 80 arcade machines of different design, each with adjustable difficulty and price settings, and some games will jam, break down and need servicing as customers use and abuse them.

Firebase Industries, the team behind Orbitron: Revolution, has Arcadecraft on Steam Greenlight and is working on a touch-based Windows 8 version.

Is this a spam bot?
---
Strength is the only thing that matters in this world, everything else is just a delusion for the weak.
#4DyingPancakePosted 2/4/2013 6:49:39 AM
wow, I thought this was going to be an actual arcade release because it looked that good.

Last thing I remember was someone posting a video back in Dec.

Any reviews yet or opinions from people who've played it?
---
Under a cold October sky, I wait
Number of deer shot this year: 2
#5ILikesCheesePosted 2/4/2013 7:00:17 AM
jon davis posted...

Is this a spam bot?

Yes, this reads more like advertising than a "Hey, this game is cool" post.

Thread should be deleted.
---
If you're omnipotent and all-powerful...why would you need to REST? On the 7th or ANY day?
#6vigorm0rtisPosted 2/4/2013 7:03:27 AM
Yeah... just clicking on his username to check his profile lit up my virus protect with malware warnings. Don't get that.
---
"'Grab the guns!' 'What about the troll?' 'Leave the troll.'"--ATHF
#7HolyDragonFirePosted 2/4/2013 8:21:38 AM
He's just quoting directly from Joystiq.

http://www.joystiq.com/2013/02/03/take-control-of-an-80s-arcade-with-arcadecraft-out-now-on-xblig/
---
"And then it was all over. The storm seemed to lose its frenzy.
The ragged clouds gave way to the stars above."
#8ILikesCheesePosted 2/4/2013 1:27:19 PM
So this "game" is like GAME ROOM?

Er...without the ability to actually PLAY the dang games.

Wow. Fun times indeed. And I thought those "Train Driver" and "Garbage Collector" SIMS from Japan several years ago were the stupidest video games ever made.
---
If you're omnipotent and all-powerful...why would you need to REST? On the 7th or ANY day?
#9Ginsu VictimPosted 2/4/2013 1:30:59 PM
DyingPancake posted...
wow, I thought this was going to be an actual arcade release because it looked that good.

Last thing I remember was someone posting a video back in Dec.

Any reviews yet or opinions from people who've played it?

I like it, but the passage of time needs to be slowed down, the game length extended, and there's a glitch where the coin boxes on the cabinets fill up ($500) in under five seconds (and repeats indefinitely, but you don't actually get that much money every time you empty it).
---
I'M RUNNIN' THIS MONKEY FARM NOW, FRANKENSTEIN!!! - Capt. Rhodes, Day of the Dead (1985)
#10Ginsu VictimPosted 2/4/2013 1:32:02 PM
ILikesCheese posted...
So this "game" is like GAME ROOM?

Er...without the ability to actually PLAY the dang games.

Wow. Fun times indeed. And I thought those "Train Driver" and "Garbage Collector" SIMS from Japan several years ago were the stupidest video games ever made.

There are 80 machines. No $3 indie game is going to give you 80 games.
---
I'M RUNNIN' THIS MONKEY FARM NOW, FRANKENSTEIN!!! - Capt. Rhodes, Day of the Dead (1985)