This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Videogames are magical

#1LonnyJohnsonPosted 2/3/2013 8:53:16 PM
Like someone really sat and created a world for you to play in. Videogames are one of the best inventions ever, anyone agree?
---
Lonny "Booty" Johnson
#2WhiteBaitKentPosted 2/3/2013 8:57:23 PM
Hell yeah man.
---
Can't spell ignorant without "IGN"!!!
#3HMXTaylor_LeePosted 2/3/2013 10:53:28 PM
I was playing Skyrim today, and I was thinking to myself how awe-inspiring that this virtual space was created for exploration.

I completely agree with your sentiment.

Friendship is also magical, I hear.
#4darkharePosted 2/3/2013 10:54:32 PM
LonnyJohnson posted...
Like someone really sat and created a world for you to play in. Videogames are one of the best inventions ever, anyone agree?

i know right, screw imagination lets all be spoon fed our fantasies!
---
micro-transactions in $60.00 retail games, it will get worse devs are just boiling the frog slowly so we dont notice.
#5JenniferTatePosted 2/3/2013 10:54:33 PM
I think books trump them, but yes, done well video games run a close third.
---
Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth. - Mike Tyson
#6LonnyJohnson(Topic Creator)Posted 2/3/2013 11:08:05 PM
AlkalineKitten posted...
I think books trump them, but yes, done well video games run a close third.

Agree totally there. I read more than I play games these days.
---
Lonny "Booty" Johnson
#7JenniferTatePosted 2/3/2013 11:20:39 PM
I feel books are the best because they're accessible to all. And I don't just mean that "most people can read", I just mean that gaming does take a certain skill set and way of thinking, and that for true escapism, you don't really need to game at all.

Imagination /Writing/Art goes into the second slot, because not everyone can create or express, but everyone can partake of someone else's creations and decide what it means for themselves with books.

I dunno, now that I've laid that out maybe I'd put Books at number one, Media at number two, and Creativity at three. Then again, I don't feel it's fair to really rank them. Hrm.
---
Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth. - Mike Tyson
#8LonnyJohnson(Topic Creator)Posted 2/3/2013 11:56:46 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#9knightimexPosted 2/4/2013 7:50:35 AM
Books just tell you what happened then you have to fill in the rest with whatever you can come up with.

Reading about god of war wouldn't be nearly as fun as actually playing the games.
---
Old School Games FTW!
#10vigorm0rtisPosted 2/4/2013 8:02:24 AM
knightimex posted...
Books just tell you what happened then you have to fill in the rest with whatever you can come up with.

Reading about god of war wouldn't be nearly as fun as actually playing the games.

---
"'Grab the guns!' 'What about the troll?' 'Leave the troll.'"--ATHF