This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

You think Microsoft will make a Japanese version of Durango?

#1ChromaticAngelPosted 2/3/2013 8:26:33 PM
Or will they just abandon that ship?
---
"The easiest way to stop piracy is ... by giving those people a service that's better than what they're receiving from the pirates." ~ Gabe Newell.
#2GorillaInTubPosted 2/3/2013 8:27:42 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K_Doyh6q76M
---
A Mod/Admin replied on 11/5/2011 6:06:56 PM:
Telling other users to smell your ass is trolling. End of story.
#3VincentVegaPosted 2/3/2013 8:28:59 PM
Of course they will. Why close off a huge section of the potential market? If anything they'll try harder to appeal to Japan this time around.
---
"I'm no hero. Never was, never will be. I'm just an old killer, hired to do some wet work."
Old Snake in Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots
#4randomweirdoPosted 2/3/2013 8:34:09 PM
It would actually be worse for them to close off a section of potential market from a country like Japan. Really, why would they do it as long as there is a potential for profit and no legalities preventing them from doing so?

There definitely are sales of consoles and games in the region, even games that are only available in Japan. There were Japanese devs that made games that were exclusive to 360 or for PS3 and 360.

Japan may not be the strongest market and 360 may well be losing there, but they are still getting sales.
#5GGearXPosted 2/3/2013 8:39:33 PM(edited)
They should buy exclusive titles like the next monster Hunter, or idol master. And maybe add some dating Sims with Kinect functionality.
---
GT: KryDamoure *Insert cool line here *
.............I'm a very shy guy........
#6ChromaticAngel(Topic Creator)Posted 2/3/2013 8:43:09 PM
VincentVega posted...
Of course they will. Why close off a huge section of the potential market? If anything they'll try harder to appeal to Japan this time around.

I wouldn't really call it a huge section of the potential market.
---
"The easiest way to stop piracy is ... by giving those people a service that's better than what they're receiving from the pirates." ~ Gabe Newell.
#7nonexistingheroPosted 2/4/2013 2:41:14 AM
It IS a huge section of the potential market. Like 20% of all gaming sales is from Japan alone.

Anyhow, the Xbox 360 did so poorly over there that I think MS made tons of losses from Japan. I don't think they'll make a profit from selling systems & games in Japan. But... not releasing it over there could also mean a ton of Japanese developers won't release their games for MS' console at all. The worldwide profit gained from it most likely outshines the losses from releasing the system in Japan... at least, as far as Xbox 360 games are concerned.

But to be honest, I doubt a lot of Japanese developers will be developing for the next Microsoft console. This generation MS started off showing they care. And in the past few years, the only thing they've proven is how they couldn't care any less these days. Yeah, they'll get some multiplatform games from them, but I think that will be pretty much it.
---
Read the mania: http://www.fanfiction.net/~nonexistinghero
In SA2, it's Super Sonic and Hyper Shadow.
#8cup_a_soupPosted 2/4/2013 6:10:47 AM
nonexistinghero posted...
It IS a huge section of the potential market. Like 20% of all gaming sales is from Japan alone.

Anyhow, the Xbox 360 did so poorly over there that I think MS made tons of losses from Japan. I don't think they'll make a profit from selling systems & games in Japan. But... not releasing it over there could also mean a ton of Japanese developers won't release their games for MS' console at all. The worldwide profit gained from it most likely outshines the losses from releasing the system in Japan... at least, as far as Xbox 360 games are concerned.

But to be honest, I doubt a lot of Japanese developers will be developing for the next Microsoft console. This generation MS started off showing they care. And in the past few years, the only thing they've proven is how they couldn't care any less these days. Yeah, they'll get some multiplatform games from them, but I think that will be pretty much it.

Incorrect. Microsoft spent the first 4 years of the console trying to get JP devs to care, and then they *ALL* turned around and released sequels and ports to those games on the rival consoles.

Blame the selfish Japanese developers for getting Microsoft to not care, not Microsoft.
#9XenobowPosted 2/4/2013 8:19:09 AM
They should get exclusive titles this time not timed-exclusives like did this gen.
#10thefabregas22Posted 2/4/2013 9:10:30 AM
GGearX posted...
They should buy exclusive titles like the next monster Hunter, or idol master. And maybe add some dating Sims with Kinect functionality.

If they could only have vr dating sims with in game love scenes. What a world I could live in heh heh heh
---
Steam thefabregas22
Psn Admiral Classy Let's got down to the dirty!