This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Solid action rpg

#11spooge-mcduckPosted 2/4/2013 3:26:20 AM
I imagine you've probably played it but the Mass Effect series has some great gameplay. The story isn't so crash hot but the combat rarely feels old. Start with the first one btw.
---
Currently playing: Gears of War 2, Doom 3 BFG, Halo Reach, Assassins creed 3, Battlefield 3.
#12vigorm0rtisPosted 2/4/2013 3:31:43 AM
kungfucolin posted...

Just a word on DKS. you really need to be able to look past a lot of terrible design decisions and poor presentation to be able to enjoy this game.

I played the DKS demo and it didn't seem nearly as bad as the initial release of Divinity 2, at least combat-wise. I've been thinking of picking it up, do you recommend it?
---
"'Grab the guns!' 'What about the troll?' 'Leave the troll.'"--ATHF
#13kungfucolinPosted 2/4/2013 3:40:20 AM
I dunno VM. Life's too short to spend it playing **** games, and although it definitely has merit - I didn't personally have the patience for it. I spent maybe 20 hours on it? That was enough.
---
Latest Video: DmC gameplay
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lhOpvyxuhiM
#14memphis12Posted 2/4/2013 3:42:31 AM
vigorm0rtis posted...
kungfucolin posted...

Just a word on DKS. you really need to be able to look past a lot of terrible design decisions and poor presentation to be able to enjoy this game.

I played the DKS demo and it didn't seem nearly as bad as the initial release of Divinity 2, at least combat-wise. I've been thinking of picking it up, do you recommend it?

I've a lot of RPG's in my time. Divinity 2: DKS ranks up in my top 10 game. (I'm from Baldurs Gate, Planescaps, Never Winter Nights era, dunno if that helps)
It has humour, doesn't hold your hand, lots of loot, a new "nightmare" difficulty added, lots of skill points to spend, and expansion (once you complete Divinity 2) that lasts a good 30 hours.
I can't recommend thins game enough. I personally found Nightmare VERY challenging until I levelled up and new what I was doing, but it never got easy until the very end of expansion.

One of the RPG's I haven't played is Two Worlds 2, funnily enough I was going to ask if you recommended it.
---
'I wrestled with an alligator,I tussled with a whale,only last week I murdered a rock, injured a stone, hospitalized a brick. I'm so mean I make medicine sick.'
#15kungfucolinPosted 2/4/2013 3:58:29 AM
Well, I loved NWN at the time (still have a crush on Aribeth), but I dunno if I would if I started playing it only now.
Games have just gotten so much better over the years.

I think if DKS came out 10 years ago, I would have liked it a whole lot better than I currently do.
I haven't played Two worlds 2, but I played the first one, and couldn't stand it. Apparently the second one is supposed to be better, All I can say is it definitely needs to be.
---
Latest Video: DmC gameplay
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lhOpvyxuhiM
#16vigorm0rtisPosted 2/4/2013 4:19:48 AM
memphis12 posted...

One of the RPG's I haven't played is Two Worlds 2, funnily enough I was going to ask if you recommended it.

Eh... It's hard to say. I need to start it over because I never finished-- got derailed, now I have no idea what was going on. It's not nearly as busted as TW1 was. Gameplay's a mixed bag, -- stealth is a sidenote, close combat is wonky at best, ranged seems like it might work, but magic is where it's at. One of the best magic customization systems I've ever seen in a game. That aside, it's standard fantasy fare, somewhat amateurishly executed, but I did enjoy it enough that I will go back to it eventually.
---
#17Splice_Posted 2/4/2013 4:45:38 AM
I'm waiting for something with the combat of bayonetta or ninja gaiden with the explorative elements of elder scrolls and Zelda with the RPG story elements Mass Effect.
#18memphis12Posted 2/4/2013 4:47:52 AM
Splice_ posted...
I'm waiting for something with the combat of bayonetta or ninja gaiden with the explorative elements of elder scrolls and Zelda with the RPG story elements Mass Effect.

Dare I say, Kingdom Of Amalur..
---
'I wrestled with an alligator,I tussled with a whale,only last week I murdered a rock, injured a stone, hospitalized a brick. I'm so mean I make medicine sick.'
#19vigorm0rtisPosted 2/4/2013 4:48:20 AM
Splice_ posted...

Well... of course you have.
---