This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

So I had an idea...

#11GrimHeroPosted 2/4/2013 7:22:36 AM
DON'T SKIP THE FIRST ONE! Chug through it and you'll get used to the mechanics. You'll thank me for this later.
---
GT: huzzaa v1
PSN: huzzaa_v1
#12RPG_ApostlePosted 2/4/2013 7:24:17 AM
vigorm0rtis posted...
Love them both, but ME is the clear winner in my book. The first game's play is kind of archaic now, but still a great game.

---
Then mark him if he violates the rules and shut up. Baseman, GameFAQs Moderator
#13Eagles931(Topic Creator)Posted 2/4/2013 7:24:54 AM
GrimHero posted...
DON'T SKIP THE FIRST ONE! Chug through it and you'll get used to the mechanics. You'll thank me for this later.

I'm not planning on skipping. I'll just play through all of them, might as well get my money's worth right?
---
PS : SlootSlayer11
GT: SlootSlayer11
#14Eagles931(Topic Creator)Posted 2/4/2013 7:29:36 AM
And one other question, do any of the three games have local and online co-op campaign?
---
PS : SlootSlayer11
GT: SlootSlayer11
#15pothocketPosted 2/4/2013 7:31:55 AM
No, not in ME. The 3rd game has on-line co-op but not for the campaign. Just a horde mode but still very fun.
---
well I am not like your dad. I worked as a chef at TGIF-Mattson
#16CyricsServantPosted 2/4/2013 8:33:29 AM
The horde mode will keep you busy though. There are an obscene number of unlockables.

The community is also very active so you won't have a problem finding matches.
#17kungfucolinPosted 2/4/2013 8:48:32 AM
The horde mode will keep you busy though. There are an obscene number of unlockables.

The community is also very active so you won't have a problem finding matches.

This
---
Latest Video: DmC gameplay
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lhOpvyxuhiM
#18WinternovaPosted 2/4/2013 8:51:08 AM
DiScOrD tHe LuNaTiC posted...
Gears 1-3, the single-player gameplay didn't change very much at all, aside from refinements in slightly different weapons, etc.

Mass Effect was a RPG, but with third-person elements. Mass Effect 2 & 3 went further into shooter/action from RPG(in terms of playstyle, though there's still plenty of RPG-style things); the biggest difference you'd notice in the RPG elements from 1 to 2&3 is that 2 did away with a lot of the skills that you could enhance, and 3 did away with even more.

Really? Mass Effect 3 ADDED more enhancements to skills. Mass Effect 2 streamlined everything so you didn't have to choose between a 2% increase in health regeneration or an additional 2% cooldown on your biotic abilities.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pMKUUUvjjzo
Fan of: Steelers(6-time Champions), Red Wings(11-time Champions)
#19The Waynos BumPosted 2/4/2013 9:21:30 AM
Typically, I am not a fan of RPGs and definitely enjoy action and shooter games more.

That being said, I could never get into the Gears series. But I also really enjoyed the Mass Effect games. Especially the first.

This seems all too strange to me.
---
Canya a l'Europa del capital!
#20memphis12Posted 2/4/2013 9:24:43 AM
Mass Effect Trilogy. Epic!

I rarely get bored playing games, but Gears Of Wars was one of the games I just couldn't get into, & got bored very quickly.
People love Gears though, so as Sun said.. It's what type of game you're after.
---
'I wrestled with an alligator,I tussled with a whale,only last week I murdered a rock, injured a stone, hospitalized a brick. I'm so mean I make medicine sick.'