This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Xbox Live Subscription is a damn rip off...

#1tokenblackguy23Posted 2/4/2013 9:23:28 AM
However I think they still do a few things better than PSN like.

1.) Chat(Party, Game)= lets face it, the ability to chat with friends no matter what you are doing is an awesome feature.

2.) Timed Exclusives= Lets face it XBOX Live having timed exclusives is great because why would i want to wait an entire month for DLC
---
Baltimore Ravens!!!!!
#2liam_000Posted 2/4/2013 9:24:30 AM
A rip off? Ive been paying 1 a month for the last year.
---
gamertag; OozyCrayfish
Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank. Give a man a bank and he can rob the whole ******* world.
#3TheBlueStigPosted 2/4/2013 9:25:08 AM
<Arnold>Stop Whining!!!</Arnold>
---
"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."
Ben Franklin
#4tokenblackguy23(Topic Creator)Posted 2/4/2013 9:26:16 AM
liam_000 posted...

Nothing beats "FREE" so although i know many will say "I never pay full price for Live" you are still paying for a service that on other systems is offered for FREE.
---
Baltimore Ravens!!!!!
#5MacDofGlasgowPosted 2/4/2013 9:27:26 AM
While I'd like it to be free (I'd like most things to be free when I want to buy them), I think it is a good service. Plus, because I had a 360 before I got my PS3, I tend to buy more games for 360 (it's actually about 150 - 5 in 360s favour), so I'm willing to pay it.

The bit that really grinds my gears is having adverts all over the dashboard on a premium service. I honestly think I should be able to have "GOLD" membership for free given the presence of these adverts. I know I also pay for Sky Sports and have adverts there, and the dashboard ads are not particularly obstructive and do not appear in game, but I do find it a bit irksome.
---
Backlog (6): Blue Dragon, Sacred 2, Risen, Mind Jack, X3, Dungeon Siege 3
#6Erupt50Posted 2/4/2013 9:28:03 AM
tokenblackguy23 posted...
However I think they still do a few things better than PSN like.

1.) Chat(Party, Game)= lets face it, the ability to chat with friends no matter what you are doing is an awesome feature.

2.) Timed Exclusives= Lets face it XBOX Live having timed exclusives is great because why would i want to wait an entire month for DLC

Party chat alone makes it worth the money in my opinion. If someone is not big on online gaming then yeah, it's obviously not worth it.
---
PSN- Erupt50 XBL- Erupt50
#7pothocketPosted 2/4/2013 9:28:35 AM
liam_000 posted...

Nothing beats "FREE" so although i know many will say "I never pay full price for Live" you are still paying for a service that on other systems is offered for FREE.

Yes. Cable and internet are indeed free when you still live with mom. The rest of us have to pay for internet regardless of whether we have a PS3 or a 360.
---
well I am not like your dad. I worked as a chef at TGIF-Mattson
#8therickmu25Posted 2/4/2013 9:28:40 AM
They just automatically billed me again last week and I have to say, seeing that $60 hit used to not be so bad but now that I barely play Xbox anymore and the console is at the end of its life cycle, I did kind of feel like they were gouging me.
---
Desktop: http://i.imgur.com/qv9CK.jpg
Current Game Collection: http://i.imgur.com/FYaHS.jpg
#9TheBlueStigPosted 2/4/2013 9:29:52 AM
therickmu25 posted...
They just automatically billed me again last week and I have to say, seeing that $60 hit used to not be so bad but now that I barely play Xbox anymore and the console is at the end of its life cycle, I did kind of feel like they were gouging me.

That's your own fault for paying full price for Live and for leaving auto-renew on.
---
"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."
Ben Franklin
#10darkharePosted 2/4/2013 9:30:45 AM
liam_000 posted...

i disagree, convenience beats free and thats exactly what gold provides.
---
micro-transactions in $60.00 retail games, it will get worse devs are just boiling the frog slowly so we dont notice.