This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Xbox Live Subscription is a damn rip off...

#31The DevourerPosted 2/4/2013 4:16:38 PM(edited)
tokenblackguy23 posted...
liam_000 posted...
A rip off? Ive been paying 1 a month for the last year.

Nothing beats "FREE" so although i know many will say "I never pay full price for Live" you are still paying for a service that on other systems is offered for FREE.

Not to the same level. PSN has like no party or social support really.

Comparing PC is silly.

EternalDivide posted...
My subscription is up on Sat. and for the first time in 6 years I'm really debating renewing it.
I've always found a sale on the thing and I gave it a quick look this weekend but found squat.
I don't know, I have other things in life I need to spend money on and honestly, honestly for the first time I really thought. Why? Why am I spending for a feature I have for free on the other 2 systems? I don't use or care about the features other than playing games online so why? I know I'll find a sale and pick it up again down the line and I'll miss playing Halo4 in the meantime.

Best Buy had a year for 35 last week or the week before. I got mine from Newegg for 36. Think ahead man! Also, Black Friday they were selling 3 months for 10 or 12.
---
FX6100, HD7970, 8G DDR3 1600, 750G/400/1T SATA2/3, 700W, Logitech G5/G510, Win7
XPS16 - i7 720QM, 6G DDR3@1333, 500G SATA, HD4670 1G, Win7
#32darkharePosted 2/4/2013 4:22:17 PM(edited)
EternalDivide posted...
My subscription is up on Sat. and for the first time in 6 years I'm really debating renewing it.
I've always found a sale on the thing and I gave it a quick look this weekend but found squat.
I don't know, I have other things in life I need to spend money on and honestly, honestly for the first time I really thought. Why? Why am I spending for a feature I have for free on the other 2 systems? I don't use or care about the features other than playing games online so why? I know I'll find a sale and pick it up again down the line and I'll miss playing Halo4 in the meantime.

buy one or dont i really dont think the majority give a damn, if you cannot afford $2 a day for online then save it for that all important stick extraction operation you'll be getting in the future.

/
---
micro-transactions in $60.00 retail games, it will get worse devs are just boiling the frog slowly so we dont notice.
#33SS_MetalSonicPosted 2/4/2013 4:26:33 PM
lostnumberwar posted...
aDomination posted...
aDomination posted...
In reality things we have to pay/buy for to just play onlines games.

-Rent
-Electricity
-Food/Water
-Television
-Internet
-Console/Gaming PC
-Game
-XBL subscription
-DLC's/CoD Elite

Fix'd, anything else?

If you have to drive to the store to buy the games then gasoline and a vehicle.
If not then you sometimes have to pay for shipping.
If you are console only but buy online then a computer or smartphone.

lolololol yeah flesh it all out. i would like xbl to be free but it isnt. its $5 a month. thats the fee . so pay it so i can play on xbl .
---
PSWiiPC60DS - Deus Ex, Crysis, Skyward Sword, Black ops 2, Farcry 3
Forza 4, Rage, InFamous 2, Darksiders 2, Vanquish, NBA2K13, Halo 4, Skyrim, Borderlands
#34TrickyPonyPosted 2/4/2013 5:49:33 PM
EternalDivide posted...

I'm set for three years but I came across a deal for $35 this morning on ebay and I wasn't even looking that hard. It's been on sale for $35 pretty much all year long at different sites.
#35darkharePosted 2/5/2013 12:48:22 PM
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/927749-xbox-360/65373366
---
micro-transactions in $60.00 retail games, it will get worse devs are just boiling the frog slowly so we dont notice.
#36darkharePosted 2/5/2013 1:11:46 PM
so how bout all these topics on gold?
---
#37CapwnDPosted 2/5/2013 1:13:12 PM

Who's the dumbass that just bumped one of them that was from days ago?
---
Death to Videodrome, Long Live the New Flesh
#38HaloODSTDPosted 2/5/2013 1:50:02 PM
CaPwnD posted...

Who's the dumbass that just bumped one of them that was from days ago?

bump
---
GT: Jessica Jung xo
PSN: Rutgers Student
#39LonnyJohnsonPosted 2/5/2013 1:53:25 PM
Bahfaqs is more like it. Bow to your oppressors hahahaha
---
Lonny "Booty" Johnson
#40ElDrDesnudoPosted 2/5/2013 5:31:31 PM
It's still a service that they're providing but yes it does feel like a ripoff

I must say that XBL has been solid since the very beginning and I believe that a lot of that has to do with it being a paid service. I feel you kinda have to take the good with the bad here.
---
*Free Xbox LIVE Codes Giveaway Blog* http://www.free-xbox-live-codes.org/