This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

What are some good rechargeable batteries I can buy to use for the 360 and Wii?

#1CrimsonStryke28Posted 2/4/2013 12:35:12 PM
Looking for some good rechargeable batteries I can buy that I can use for my 360 and Wii, anyone know any good ones on amazon that I can buy? I'm also looking for the charger too to recharge the batteries, help would be appreciated.
#2CrimsonStryke28(Topic Creator)Posted 2/4/2013 12:51:49 PM
bump?
#3TrickyPonyPosted 2/4/2013 12:53:15 PM
A lot of people are going to recommend Energizer/Duracell rechargeables that come with their own charger you can pick up at the grocery store or Target/Walmart. They're good, they'll get the job done no question, gotta trust Energizer/Duracell.

I'm going to recommend Eneloops because that's what I bought. Eneloops are made by Sanyo, and are low-self-discharge (LSD) batteries which hold their charge for a really long time and have great reviews. The drawback is they cost a little bit more than others, but the reviews tell you it's worth the price. If you're going to invest in Eneloops then you might as well invest in a good battery charger. Good meaning a charger that has different charge/discharge modes and can charge odd numbers of batteries as opposed to most vanilla chargers that can only charge in pairs. From the research I did, there were two high quality chargers to buy, Lacrosse and Maha. I purchased a Lacrosse BC-700 for about $35 to go with my Eneloops battery pack which included 8 AA and 4 AAA cells for $40. Recently I purchased another 4 AAA cells to power various remotes and flashlights around my house. From my experience they work very well and I'm happy with everything so far.
#4CrimsonStryke28(Topic Creator)Posted 2/4/2013 12:56:04 PM
A lot of people are going to recommend Energizer/Duracell rechargeables that come with their own charger you can pick up at the grocery store or Target/Walmart. They're good, they'll get the job done no question, gotta trust Energizer/Duracell.

I'm going to recommend Eneloops because that's what I bought. Eneloops are made by Sanyo, and are low-self-discharge (LSD) batteries which hold their charge for a really long time and have great reviews. The drawback is they cost a little bit more than others, but the reviews tell you it's worth the price. If you're going to invest in Eneloops then you might as well invest in a good battery charger. Good meaning a charger that has different charge/discharge modes and can charge odd numbers of batteries as opposed to most vanilla chargers that can only charge in pairs. From the research I did, there were two high quality chargers to buy, Lacrosse and Maha. I purchased a Lacrosse BC-700 for about $35 to go with my Eneloops battery pack which included 8 AA and 4 AAA cells for $40. Recently I purchased another 4 AAA cells to power various remotes and flashlights around my house. From my experience they work very well and I'm happy with everything so far.

What about the eneloop XX 2500mAh Typical / 2400 mAh Minimum, High Capacity, 4 Pack AA Ni-MH Pre-Charged Rechargeable Batteries with 4 Position Charger?

I've been thinking of purchasing the XX that comes with a charger, would this worth purchasing? Sorry, I'm kind of a newb when it comes to good rechargeable batteries but seems the XX suppose to be the better one than the original enelope, correct?
#5CrimsonStryke28(Topic Creator)Posted 2/4/2013 1:11:18 PM
bump
#6TrickyPonyPosted 2/4/2013 1:25:17 PM(edited)
yeah so here's what I know, those Eneloops with the XXX are for high-drain electronics such as flash cameras and camcorders. These types of electronics typically don't jive well with rechargeables because they don't usually pack enough oomph and then even with fresh rechargeables the device will think they're dead and not work. Brand new alkalines have 1.5 amps of power, and most rechargeables including Eneloops have 1.2 amps fresh off the charger. The XXX cells are Eneloops' entry for 1.5 amp cells and still be recharageable. I did not buy them however because remote controls, flashlights, and controllers are not high drain devices and normal eneloops have longer lifecycles than the XXX cells, and I was really looking for longevity. I can game for about 10-14 days before swapping out my Eneloops in my controller and I usually have a mic plugged in.

Edit: so disregard what I said about XX's having 1.5 amps, it's 2400 milliamp hours, I never claimed to being a battery know it all, just sharing whatI learned from my research online.
#7TrickyPonyPosted 2/4/2013 1:23:14 PM
Also while we're on the subject, Eneloops come in 3 generations. Gen1 Eneloops are good for 1000 recharge cycles and held 75% of their charge on the shelf for 2 years. Generation 2 (the ones I bought) hold 75% of their charge for 3 years and the lifespan was raised to 1500 cycles. Now I hear there's a generation 3 Eneloop available butr I haven't seen them yet, and their price I'm sure has gone up along with the lifespan and recharge cycles.
#8CrimsonStryke28(Topic Creator)Posted 2/4/2013 1:41:54 PM
Ah, kind of confuse which battery to go with then, what would you say I should go with in your opinion? The eneloop NEW 2000mAh Typical, 1900mAh Minimum, 1500 cycle or the one with the XX? These will just be mainly use for the 360 and the Wii.
#9CrimsonStryke28(Topic Creator)Posted 2/4/2013 2:03:44 PM
bump
#10CrimsonStryke28(Topic Creator)Posted 2/4/2013 2:25:54 PM
One last time guys, should I go with the eneloop NEW 2000mAh Typical, 1900mAh Minimum, 1500 cycle or eneloop XX 2500mAh Typical / 2400 mAh Minimum, High Capacity for the 360 and Wii controller?