This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

What are some good rechargeable batteries I can buy to use for the 360 and Wii?

#11spectralPosted 2/4/2013 2:31:28 PM
I'd go with the 2000mah ones for controllers. I use some gen1 and some gen2 eneloops in my 360, wii and all my remotes and have to agree with what others have said, they are great batteries. Massively better than traditional rechargable batteries. As has been said normal rechargable batteries drain even when not being used. This is fine in something where they are going to be used quickly. However in a controller they are going to generally spend more time not being used. With the old rechargables you would have to recharge them after a couple of weeks whether you had used the controller or not You also cant charge some up ready to use as they will also simply discharge. With the eneloops you can charge a bunch up all at once so that you have some fully charged when the ones in the controller run out. Also they come pre-charged so dont charge them when you first get them, they're ready to go out of the pack.
#12CrimsonStryke28(Topic Creator)Posted 2/4/2013 2:45:48 PM
in a controller they are going to generally spend more time not being used. With the old rechargables you would have to recharge them after a couple of weeks whether you had used the controller or not You also cant charge some up ready to use as they will also simply discharge. With the eneloops you can charge a bunch up all at once so that you have some fully charged when the ones in the controller run out. Also they come pre-charged so dont charge them wh

Awesome, thank you spectral and Tricky, you guys been some great help by helping me decide which batteries to go with, I'll pick up the La Crosse charger at some point in time as i'm a little tight on budget but most of all, thank you.
#13TrickyPonyPosted 2/4/2013 3:05:01 PM
yeah I would just buy the 1500 cycle ones and go nuts.