This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

When do you buy your games?

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox 360
  3. When do you buy your games?
4 years ago#11
Broken poll. I gotta believe most people buy them at various times. Some I want day 1, some I don't wind up getting until years after they're released, and everything in between.
Formerly Known As: boingboingboing
Now Reading: Great North Road, P. Hamilton
4 years ago#12
I usually buy my games at or close to release. I have pre-ordered a few.

My wife has gotten a few free but that was 15 years ago and before two kids lol don't tell her I said that :P
Intell 8088 @ 7.14Mhz | 640K RAM | TCGA 16 Color graphics | TWO 5.25" 640K Floppy drives | 10MB Hard disk
3DS FC: 0903-4184-6816
4 years ago#13
Generally, I'll wait a month to get it for $40 instead of $60, but I won't wait another five months to save another $10. That is diminishing returns, especially if the game has MP.
My mad face and my happy face are the same.
4 years ago#14
JascoD posted...

Buying at Gamestop is a very bad ide(a)... The price on new games in store are ridicules high.

$59.99 as opposed to $59.99 everywhere else?
I love video games : )
4 years ago#15
pakathecat posted...
pothocket posted...
other / various

This. Depends on the game.

^ this
http://youtu.be/_JyETEkNXSY
Not only the best football player alive...the absolute sexiest.
4 years ago#16
Depends, usually AAA titles are pre-ordered and pick up on launch day.

Everything else is random.
XBL - FA7ALtheGOD / PSN - FATALtheGOD
Who dares, wins.
4 years ago#17
Pretty dumb poll. I'm pretty sure not one single person always buys their games at the same time.
PSN- Erupt50 XBL- Erupt50
4 years ago#18
Other - Whenever I feel like getting a new game
4 years ago#19
There are barely any games that come out now that are worth $60. Been that way for years now so I just wait until a price drop. With the decline in quality in games I'm not surprised more companies are eying the digital approach. It's funny and sad as I don't want to see them do it but they are the ones responsible for their poor sales since everyone and their mother are being cheap with production and releasing these half-assed games not worth the retail they ask for.
The Jess Margera Rock Radio Show
7PM-8PM EST every Wednesday night on PoochFM.com
4 years ago#20
Navex posted...
There are barely any games that come out now that are worth $60. Been that way for years now so I just wait until a price drop. With the decline in quality in games I'm not surprised more companies are eying the digital approach. It's funny and sad as I don't want to see them do it but they are the ones responsible for their poor sales since everyone and their mother are being cheap with production and releasing these half-assed games not worth the retail they ask for.

The reason for poor sales is people like you with unrealistic expectations of quality and value.
My mad face and my happy face are the same.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox 360
  3. When do you buy your games?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived