This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

When do you buy your games?

#21rdking96Posted 2/5/2013 8:21:26 AM
rockyoumonkeys posted...
Broken poll. I gotta believe most people buy them at various times. Some I want day 1, some I don't wind up getting until years after they're released, and everything in between.

True. But there's certainly a pattern. I'd say 90% of the games I get are somewhat older and have a low price tag.

In fact, there's only 3 games I can think of that I bought on release day.

Halo 4
The Witcher 2
Ghost Recon: FS

And the Witcher 2 was released at $40 (God bless you CDPR), so it was an easy decision for me.
---
"There won't be any money...but when you die, on your deathbed, you will receive total consciousness...So I got that goin' for me - which is nice."
#22RusticGamerPosted 2/5/2013 9:39:22 PM(edited)
Hmm, I'm the only one who voted rent. Seeing as how 99% of games can be completed in under a week and I don't do multiplayer or second play throughs, it kinda makes financial sense.

If or rather when games go digital only, I'm going to be SOL lol.
---
"Did I ever tell you the definition of insanity?"
#23randomweirdoPosted 2/5/2013 9:40:12 PM
Depends on the game and who makes it or publishes it. Normally I just go buy it when I feel like doing so. Games that are by my favorite developer are nearly always preordered or bought around the release date as long as I know about it (unless it's another version of a game of theirs I already have).