This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Feed Back Loop on High Quality Headset questions...

#1JirynPosted 2/4/2013 2:59:13 PM
So, I know there is a feed back loop problem on high quality (read expensive) 360 headsets like Turtle Beach when the controller is plugged in to charge and the headset is plugged in at the same time.

Does the same problem happen with corded name brand 360 controllers as well?
---
The patience it takes to play FFXI and EQ is the patience it takes to kill yourself by bashing your head into a wall.
#2CapwnDPosted 2/4/2013 3:06:50 PM(edited)
Generally you may get more of a extra noise from wired controllers because of the USB connection. When you have something that is running on AC that happens.

Which headset are you referring to? Are you sure it's not just a problem where the mic is super sensetive and it's picking up audio from the headset? That's how the X11/X12 are. My advice would be to try to damper the sound with something, maybe wrap something on the boom mic.
---
Death to Videodrome, Long Live the New Flesh
#3Jiryn(Topic Creator)Posted 2/4/2013 3:12:08 PM
Here's what's going on.
Some friends and family have purchased the more expensive wireless or wired headsets which still need a power cable hooked into the 360's USB port.

Whenever the power cable is hooks up, along with the 360's CHARGE cable, there is a feed back loop which caused an ear wrecking screech to be broadcast through the microphone for all to hear.

Once the controller is unplugged from the power, the sound stops.

However, as of late I've been using wired controllers just because I hate saving batteries, and the "recharge kit" is undependable at best (I've got through 2-3 in a year. They seem to lose their charge fast, and stop holding a charge)

I found this http://www.ebgames.com/accessories/universal-afterglow-wireless-headset/103048 misspriced at a local store for $50, and I picked it up. It's been sitting on my floor unopened because it was more of a reactive impulse purchase then a want purchase.

So, I'm afraid it'll suffer from the same feedback loop problem when it's plugged in to charge at the same time as the 360 controller.

I am also worried wired ones will do it too with the wired controller, because I always have the charge cord plugged in.

Which makes me wonder if it happens with true wired controllers, and not just charge cable plugged in wireless.

Hopefully this explains my fears more.
---
The patience it takes to play FFXI and EQ is the patience it takes to kill yourself by bashing your head into a wall.
#4CapwnDPosted 2/4/2013 4:34:06 PM(edited)
Have you tried plugging the headsets or the controllers (since it's for charge only, not a wired controller) into a different USB device, such as a PC or an AC power adapter that has USB ports on it?

In both cases of the wireless controller with play and charge and the headset with USB power they certainly don't have to be plugged into the 360. In both of those cases the USB is power only.
---
Death to Videodrome, Long Live the New Flesh
#5GorillaOnRoofPosted 2/4/2013 4:37:54 PM
Wait a second, wait a second, WAIT A GODDAMN SECOND! Everyone is getting ahead of ourselves here, let's start with the root of the problem, and use the process of elimination. What is the voltage on the outlets that you're plugging into? You runnin a 120'er?
---
A Mod/Admin replied on 11/5/2011 6:06:56 PM:
Telling other users to smell your ass is trolling. End of story.
#6Jiryn(Topic Creator)Posted 2/6/2013 12:05:41 PM
CaPwnD posted...
Have you tried plugging the headsets or the controllers (since it's for charge only, not a wired controller) into a different USB device, such as a PC or an AC power adapter that has USB ports on it?

In both cases of the wireless controller with play and charge and the headset with USB power they certainly don't have to be plugged into the 360. In both of those cases the USB is power only.

No I have not tried plugging either into an AC outlit, merely by the fact there are none near my couch.
---