This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Dragon age 1 & 2, 10$ on GoD. Which do you recommend?

#1Carte360Posted 2/4/2013 5:11:13 PM
Never played wither one, I love turn based and action rpgs.

Looking for something with good combat, deep, different 'job classes' if possible. Decent story.

Which do you recommend? Thanks!
---
Why would Microsoft worry about exclusives when it has the awe-inspiring Kinect to sell consoles. - MrRGerk
#2JirynPosted 2/4/2013 5:16:11 PM
Where is this sale?
---
The patience it takes to play FFXI and EQ is the patience it takes to kill yourself by bashing your head into a wall.
#3Carte360(Topic Creator)Posted 2/4/2013 5:18:01 PM
Marblesbunbun posted...
Where is this sale?

Hm, go to 'Browse Games"

Then, near the left, they is an "EA publisher sale"

Click that and scroll around, they have tons of games for sale. 100 times better than the Gold deal of the weak. >_<
---
Why would Microsoft worry about exclusives when it has the awe-inspiring Kinect to sell consoles. - MrRGerk
#4scoobydoobydontPosted 2/4/2013 5:19:23 PM
I have both, and recommend both, but if I had to chose... DA2 is better IMO. Not a popular opinion. I liked the combat better, I liked the visuals better, I liked the characters... well, the ones I cared about were better, and DA2 has one of my favorite opening themes of all time. I even liked that it mostly takes place in one city. In comparison, DA1 is more akin to Arcana, Dragon Knight, Risen, etc... which is good too, but it's more CRPG and antiquated. DA2 is sleeker. Only issue IMO was they recycled environments too much, but the same was secretly true of DA though people pretend to forget that fact.

Just my opinions, really, if you can spare $20, get them both and then grab dlc another time.
---
The writing was on the wall with Bioware the minute you could completely void all of your decisions with one choice in KOTOR.
#5Dark_SpiretPosted 2/4/2013 5:20:11 PM
DA2 has faster paced combat while 1's is slower and more tactics based(1's i found much more satisfying). outside of that DA1 is better in nearly every way and has far more content.
#6SunDevil77Posted 2/4/2013 6:01:59 PM
Ugh I wish I could find DA:O Ultimate Edition...
---
Royal with Cheese. What do they call a Big Mac? Big Mac's a Big Mac, but they call it Le Big Mac.
#7vgsrulePosted 2/4/2013 6:05:39 PM
DA1.

DA2 is only better in it's combat (and graphics, obviously). That might sound important, but really, you spend quite a lot of time outside combat.

DA1 is better in it's story, scale, sense of choice, and most other things.

Also, DA1 is the first chronologically, and the stories do connect (slightly), so there's that.

I wouldn't call either game "deep" in it's combat system, but the first game is more complex, and requires more thinking. It's significantly slower paced, and MUCH harder.

If you're not already aware of them, DA2's main complaints are it's rushed feeling (it actually was rushed). There's only one town and a few surrounding areas for most of the game, and areas are reused constantly. As in, like, two interior locations for non-key locations, and 8-10 dungeon maps. Your character is also much less customizable, there are significantly less impactful choices, and your allies cannot equip armor, outside of 2 or 3 set upgrades (although that does give the benefit of them looking unique).

And while it's irrelevant if you start with the second, it also answers very little of the mysteries the first game brought up, despite seeming like it might do so occasionally.
---
http://backloggery.com/khff123
http://myanimelist.net/animelist/A_Metal_Pipe
#8WinternovaPosted 2/4/2013 6:10:46 PM
I prefer Dragon Age II due to its story, scale, dialog, romances, and combat.

Dragon Age:Origins is an imitation of Tolkien...and I HATE Tolkien.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pMKUUUvjjzo
Fan of: Steelers(6-time Champions), Red Wings(11-time Champions)
#9Carte360(Topic Creator)Posted 2/4/2013 6:34:44 PM
So much diversity...

Are they even worth it at 10$ and no dlc, or should I be lookin for the goty edition ones?

Thanks for all the opinions guys!
---
#10maoriwarriorPosted 2/4/2013 6:36:17 PM
Carte360 posted...
So much diversity...

Are they even worth it at 10$ and no dlc, or should I be lookin for the goty edition ones?

Thanks for all the opinions guys!

Download origins.

Rent the ultimaye edition.

Install dlc disc.

return rental.

play origins and all the dlc. ^_^
---
GT: [EsGC]DiscipleOfFir3
esportsgc.enjin.com Please register and join!