This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Twice as many people will buy the PS4 instead of the 720????

#11SikkaSillPosted 2/4/2013 8:13:39 PM
So Sony and Microsoft released the specs and names of the new consoles and their launch lineup? wow didn't know that...
---
RIP DP, gonna miss you bro! "Bwahhhhh" - Me
http://dragonsdogma.tumblr.com/post/20794618336
#12Madness2012Posted 2/4/2013 8:25:46 PM
And your going by one poll TC? Polls mean nothing.....
#13Warmonger222Posted 2/4/2013 9:05:16 PM
GGearX posted...
_LordAndSavior posted...
Welcome to Sonyfaqs

Sony has the best hardware next gen. And just like this gen they are going to wiiiiiiinnn yay.

Wait, did the PS3 suddenly sell 30 million units to pass the wii when I wasnt looking?
---
CoD claims to be M for Mature, but it is really M for Manchildren - Emerald_Melios
#14L0ZPosted 2/4/2013 9:11:18 PM(edited)
I think even a good portion of 360 board here agrees they'd get a ps4. Especially after that outrageous Xbox live price hike. Oh we added a Facebook app and Netflix app now you have to pay us an extra $10 a year even if you won't use them. Xbox just became too powerful because people bought it because their friends did and they wanted to be in the same community as their friends
---
[Cell Broadband | 256MB XDR | RSX 256MB GDDR3]
#15DuwstaiPosted 2/4/2013 9:12:40 PM
Im waiting to hear more details.

But it sounds like Sony will have the more powerful system, and more games. Meanwhile MS is going for a kind of total home entertainment console with Nutflux and everything.

If that is the case, Ill go with the playstation. I care about games.
---
balls
#16GGearXPosted 2/4/2013 9:14:41 PM
L0Z posted...
Xbox just became too powerful because people bought it

Ummmm.... What?
---
GT: KryDamoure *Insert cool line here *
.............I'm a very shy guy........
#17Someone1014Posted 2/4/2013 9:50:40 PM(edited)
I need more details before I can decide. Even then, I'll probably wait a year or two before I get either console. I'll probably end up getting both eventually, as well as a Wii U. I'm not in a hurry to buy a new console quite yet anyway.
---
I have no sig.
#18L0ZPosted 2/4/2013 9:51:16 PM
GGearX posted...
L0Z posted...
Xbox just became too powerful because people bought it

Ummmm.... What?

Quite the rest of what I said. Some guy bought a 360 so his friends bought one to play with him and their friends did the same for them and so on
---
[Cell Broadband | 256MB XDR | RSX 256MB GDDR3]
#19SpirituousPosted 2/4/2013 10:11:38 PM
I'm waiting on hardware specs, controller design, backwards compatibility, & how Online will be handled/priced. Until that information is out, I won't make a decision on which way to go.

But I will say this, If Sony does not include backwards compatibility with PS4, and Microsoft does with the next Xbox, then that leans me heavily towards supporting Microsoft's next system. Until then it's just wait & see what both companies do.
#20NavexPosted 2/4/2013 10:39:43 PM
I'm going with the 720 simply because everything else I have is tied into my 360 and MS. I bought my PS3 in summer 2007 and figured out pretty quick it was useless apart from being my main Blu-Ray player thanks to MS buying all the exclusive rights to multiple games as well as fronting enough money to persuade some Sony exclusives to leave their contracts.

I'm sure the PS4 will be great but I have no reason to get it. I also don't play games like I used to so the few exclusives Sony has left doesn't matter to me as I just don't play games like I did in the past. (The last time I fired up my 360 was in November actually) Will I buy the 720 on release? Probably not unless there is a launch game I want and that's doubtful with my track record involving new system releases.

I will say the same thing I said years ago when the PS3 was poised to be released...if a remake of Final Fantasy VII (extremely doubtful considering their latest word on it) ever happens and Sony gets it exclusively I will buy whatever system they have out at the time to play in a heartbeat.
---
The Jess Margera Rock Radio Show
7PM-8PM EST every Wednesday night on PoochFM.com