This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Was Halo 3 the most hyped up game ever made?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox 360
  3. Was Halo 3 the most hyped up game ever made?

User Info: jason19192

jason19192
3 years ago#1
I remember the game being MASSIVE and everyone and I MEAN EVERYONE was talking about the game in my neighborhood and school.

User Info: SunDevil77

SunDevil77
3 years ago#2
Definitely among them.
Skyrim, Super Smash Bros Brawl, Twilight Princess, WoW, and Starcraft 2 give it a run for it's money, though.
Royal with Cheese. What do they call a Big Mac? Big Mac's a Big Mac, but they call it Le Big Mac.

User Info: Carte360

Carte360
3 years ago#3
All amazing games, though.

But very very hyped.
Why would Microsoft worry about exclusives when it has the awe-inspiring Kinect to sell consoles. - MrRGerk

User Info: Donomega

Donomega
3 years ago#4
I believe Star Wars the old Republic was the most hyped game...
Intell 8088 @ 7.14Mhz | 640K RAM | TCGA 16 Color graphics | TWO 5.25" 640K Floppy drives | 10MB Hard disk
3DS FC: 0903-4184-6816

User Info: Pwnostar

Pwnostar
3 years ago#5
SunDevil77 posted...
Definitely among them.
Skyrim, Super Smash Bros Brawl, Twilight Princess, WoW, and Starcraft 2 give it a run for it's money, though.

And let's not forget Minecraft. For a while, it was the only thing people were talking about...
Disregard women, sell illegal substances, and acquire currency.

User Info: flame030191

flame030191
3 years ago#6
I remember a few sites called God of War 3 the most hyped game this gen before it's release due to many delays and the success of the first two.
PSN ID: Troll_Face_Flame (formerly armyflame) X360 gamertag: ArmyFlame9
The more people post on GameFaqs, the more I lose faith in humanity.

User Info: Duwstai

Duwstai
3 years ago#7
Halo and CoD are some of the only games I know of that pierced into the non gamer demographic.

Everyone played them. I used to play Halo 2 with kids from the football team in HS. I myself was on the baseball team, but I was always half nerd when it came to video games. These guys definitely werent. But they used to regularly hold lan parties for it which was unheard of.

I mean this is HS, and instead of having parties with the cheerleaders the football team would get a bunch of guys together on a friday or saturday night just to play halo.
balls

User Info: Erupt50

Erupt50
3 years ago#8
GTA4 is up there on the most hyped game ever list.
PSN- Erupt50 XBL- Erupt50

User Info: Splice_

Splice_
3 years ago#9
I think halo 2 was hyped more. Though 3 and GTA IV were top contenders

User Info: tisuko

tisuko
3 years ago#10
I was thinking Halo 2 also.
+_AN|?+=E+ ?w?_+ i
PSN: tisuko GT: k0tet5u
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox 360
  3. Was Halo 3 the most hyped up game ever made?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived