This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Someone help me please....(Connection Problem)

#1GameFan692Posted 2/4/2013 9:03:45 PM
Ok, so let me start off by saying that I have Verizon Fios and it came with a router/modem. I have three xboxes (1 ethernet and 2 wireless) connected to this router/modem as well as a laptop, a printer, and 5 iphones. With just this verizon router/modem we had no lag problems whatsoever in Blops 2 except that we couldn't play in the same game because apparently the verizon router is not very xbox compatible.

So, we bought a new router (Belkin - forget which one but it was $160) and now we can play with each other. The ethernet for my xbox is now wired directly into the Belkin router which is then wired to the original verizon one. The two wireless xboxes are also now connected to the Belkin. Ok, so now we can play with each other but it seems that our connection is more laggy (sometimes 4 bar but mostly 2-3 bar) and our host is horrendous online. So what gives? The connection before this new router was perfect so I'm assuming it isn't just bandwidth problems? Any suggestions guys? Please, it's really frustrating........
---
GT: DarKShoTs
#2CapwnDPosted 2/4/2013 9:19:23 PM
You need to configure the modem/rotuer correctly. Turn it into just s modem. Bridged mode. Or if you can, get just a plain modem.
---
Death to Videodrome, Long Live the New Flesh
#3CapwnDPosted 2/4/2013 9:19:47 PM
Also what's the speed? Do a speedtest at speedtest.net or google speakeasy
---
#4GameFan692(Topic Creator)Posted 2/4/2013 9:27:28 PM
ping is 13ms, download speed is 15.28 mbps and upload speed is 4.92 mbps. I also tried testing it again and I only got 5ms ping the second time : /
---
#5GameFan692(Topic Creator)Posted 2/4/2013 9:54:07 PM
bump
---
#6CapwnDPosted 2/4/2013 10:38:40 PM
That connection sounds great. So it's going to be a problem at your router/modem combo.

Have you been able to log into it and look for an option to bridge the connection?
---
#7CapwnDPosted 2/4/2013 10:42:09 PM
You're running a double NAT. Your belkin is able to get all the 360s online at the same time and that's great.... but it's going through another router, which is another NAT. You need to turn that modem/router into just a modem, then use the good router as your router.
---
#8GameFan692(Topic Creator)Posted 2/4/2013 10:45:49 PM
Alright man. I'll test it out tomorrow. Thanks for the help.
---
#9CapwnDPosted 2/4/2013 10:49:08 PM(edited)
post or PM me your modem model number if you want some help, Usually it's just a matter of flipping some option to "bridge mode" or disabling NAT. May also want to disable firewall (your router has a firewall, it's pointless to have a second firewall and would do much more to hurt you rather than do anything to keep you safe). may also want to disable stuff like DHCP.

In an ideal world, when you flip the switch to bridged, all those other options should be greyed out anyways. But that's the thing with modem/router combos... they suck.

I also would suggest to google the model number along with the key word "bridge" and see what others are saying.
---
#10GameFan692(Topic Creator)Posted 2/4/2013 11:15:59 PM
I believe it is the verizon router/modem MI424WR actiontec
---