This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Gameinformer gives dead space 3 a...

#11RubMyDuckyPosted 2/5/2013 3:23:41 AM
Gameinformer is still around? How do they keep making magazines? Oh thats right, they get paid off by game publishers.
---
Optimizations seems to be a arcane art of video games. Few devs are masters of it. Some occasionally stumble upon it. But to most, it's all ancient Greek.
#12RPG_ApostlePosted 2/5/2013 4:13:55 AM
RubMyDucky posted...
Gameinformer is still around? How do they keep making magazines? Oh thats right, they get paid off by game publishers.

Oh, that's right, conspiracy theorists!

You do know every company is owned by some other company, right?
---
Then mark him if he violates the rules and shut up. Baseman, GameFAQs Moderator
#13NakedSnake1986Posted 2/5/2013 4:45:45 AM
I graduated from college 3 years ago and I can say the real world is very corrupt beyond belief. It's only going to get worse.

Dead space 3 is a good game but I highly doubt it deserves a 9.75 when all the did was make the focus on cover base shooting (which the engine in DS wasn't design to" and add co op. I don't blame Visceral, it was EA who demand that they make the game have more shooting and have cover based gunplay because "of market trends".

If you were Visceral and EA threaten to cut off your funding that pays for your child and wife you would add pink ponys to the game if instructed so. Again don't blame Visceral, after making DS1 and DS2 you know they can make games art, it's just a shame how their owners treat them.

Crytek gets more say in their game since they have the funding to support there own development if EA was to cut them during mid development (ala Sleeping Dogs). The only thing stopping Crytek from becoming their own developer and publisher like Bethesda is the fact they only have 2 games they are working on, one of which they just acquired full rights too.
---
Tied to a wheel, fingers got to feel,
Bleeding through a tourniquet smile
#14memphis12Posted 2/5/2013 4:59:20 AM
9.75. .. I wonder what stopped it from being "perfect"
---
'I wrestled with an alligator,I tussled with a whale,only last week I murdered a rock, injured a stone, hospitalized a brick. I'm so mean I make medicine sick.'
#15xTreefiddy350xPosted 2/5/2013 5:33:13 AM
Arucard05 posted...
I used to do drugs. I still do drugs. But I used to, too.

:(

O ****ing right Mitch Hedberg. What a great way to start the day.
#16CyricsServantPosted 2/5/2013 4:28:48 PM
Dead Space 3 and Sly Cooper 4 have come down quite a bit since this morning. They're at 7.9 and 7.7 respectively. Sadness.

They're probably both good games, but I don't see myself dropping $60 for either of them. I just can't justify it with MGS:R and Bioshock Infinite around the corner. :/
#17natevinesPosted 2/5/2013 4:29:51 PM
It didn't get such a good score because it's actually a good game. It got that score because of

ALIENS
---
Gamertag- MidgetRifleman
#18flame030191Posted 2/5/2013 4:37:34 PM
RubMyDucky posted...

More like GameStop funds them.
---
PSN ID: Troll_Face_Flame (formerly armyflame) X360 gamertag: ArmyFlame9
The more people post on GameFaqs, the more I lose faith in humanity.
#19mrhappyguy12345Posted 2/5/2013 5:25:25 PM
xTreefiddy350x posted...
Arucard05 posted...
I used to do drugs. I still do drugs. But I used to, too.

:(

O ****ing right Mitch Hedberg. What a great way to start the day.

RIP. He was one funny mother f*****
---
I love video games : )
#20KillaBeAtPosted 2/5/2013 5:38:08 PM
NakedSnake1986 posted...
I graduated from college 3 years ago and I can say the real world is very corrupt beyond belief. It's only going to get worse.

Dead space 3 is a good game but I highly doubt it deserves a 9.75 when all the did was make the focus on cover base shooting (which the engine in DS wasn't design to" and add co op. I don't blame Visceral, it was EA who demand that they make the game have more shooting and have cover based gunplay because "of market trends".

If you were Visceral and EA threaten to cut off your funding that pays for your child and wife you would add pink ponys to the game if instructed so. Again don't blame Visceral, after making DS1 and DS2 you know they can make games art, it's just a shame how their owners treat them.

All I can think of is that episode of southpark with that hippie who just keeps saying "You kids don't understand, you just haven't gone to college yet."

When did colleges stop teaching critical thought and deductive reasoning? It seems to me that every person who comes out of there with a diploma in 'business management', or 'information and technoculture' suddenly thinks that they are experts on the dynamics of corporate corruption.

Maybe instead of teaching you all about how corrupt the world is, your 'professors' should have given you a class in "How not to jump to conclusions" or "the dangers of inductive reasoning" (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Inductive_reasoning I went ahead and included the wikipedia link to save you time). Let's take a look at the reasoning behind some of the evidence which you failed to provide to support any of your totally outlandish claims.

In your first paragraph you just sort of say, Volition had nothing to do with it, this was all EAs fault like EA has them strapped to a computer desk and is forcing them to code with a gun against their head. And of course they did this based on 'market trends.' You mean, like, the market trend where horror games don't sell any copies and third person shooter franchises tend to decrease in sales since their popularity peaked (With Gears 2 and Uncharted 2) around 2008-2009ish (see: Uncharted, Mass Effect, Resident Evil, Gears of War and EAs own Army of Two) and many TPS shooter franchises have been basically stopped in their tracks until they can be redesigned (See: Socom, Rainbow Six, Ghost Recon). Is that the market trend they are following?

Lets say, for arguments sake, that you're right and EAs market analysts (who get paid millions of dollars and have decades of experience) failed to notice what any regular person with access to the internet could find out with about 10 minutes of research. Whose to say, asides from you, that Visceral games (the company that has more than a decade of experience making NOTHING but TPS/TPB games) wasn't just as interested in making money as EA? Dead Space 2 was a perfectly logical middle step between DS1 and DS3, the franchise has been moving more towards being a shooter since the end of the second chapter in the first game.

Your ENTIRE argument is, "yep, this is EAs fault. I have absolutely no evidence to back up any of these claims, but I'm sure Visceral games, the storied EA studio that has made nothing but action driven Third Person Shooters for the last decade and has made exactly 1 game in their entire history that could even remotely be considered a horror game secretly wants to make horror games, it's just that EA is just forcing them to keep making Third Person Shooter games, because they aren't allowed to go and find work anywhere else, and all the people who have been with the company for years are simply afraid to leave. I also have no evidence to back that up, but that doesn't mean I'm not going to state it like a fact!"
---
84% of people make up their statistics. If you are one of the 16% that don't, put this in your signature.