This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Why didn't many people like Blue Dragon?

#1knightoffire55Posted 2/5/2013 12:02:34 AM
It's basically what I expected from a jRPG.
---
Enough is enough I have had it with these motherf****ing vampires in this motherf****ing rain.
#2rockyoumonkeysPosted 2/5/2013 12:08:45 AM
I think JRPG fans did like it.

It's just that JRPG fans are a dying breed.
---
Formerly Known As: boingboingboing
Now Reading: Great North Road, P. Hamilton
#3electrolyzerPosted 2/5/2013 12:11:19 AM

Pretty much, JRPG fans are also extremely picky.
---
Gamertag : xXThoraxeXx
#4656stoogePosted 2/5/2013 12:52:44 AM
Well, when it came out I thought it was pretty good, but coming off of the PS2 gen and all those amazing RPGs, I was expecting a little more.

Of course, after LO and Blue Dragon JRPGs pretty much vanished, so compared to what we get today Blue Dragon looks a bit of a masterpiece.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PQ_wbc3Z5C8
#5Enix BelmontPosted 2/5/2013 1:34:05 AM
Absolutely terrible story in a genre (mostly) loved for the stories.
---
http://i38.tinypic.com/15mk29j.jpg
#6DivineFistOkaPosted 2/5/2013 1:47:31 AM
rockyoumonkeys posted...

This is a base lie. (The dying out) We're just completely overshadowed by Casual CoD Jock players who can't appreciate the concept of a plot more sophisticated then 'here's a bad guy, shoot him'. Same reason Mass effect series lost it's RPG mechanics in the later parts, and the third even offered a 'casual play the storyline for you with no choices' mechanic for the CoD players who couldn't be bothered to pay enough attention to the plot to make moral decisions.

Also, Marumaro's voice acting. Nails across the blackboard of my soul.... God, I can't be the only one to hate it so badly.

And frankly, Jrpg fans AREN'T picky, but no one ****ing MAKES Jrpgs on consoles anymore. Good lord, stop blaming the audience, blame the game developers for not producing them.
---
I feel a great disturbance in the Force, as if a million voices cried out to say "Oh ****!!!".
Tri's servers booted people again. MH Tri - Chihiro
#7memphis12Posted 2/5/2013 2:16:11 AM
It was to easy. A difficulty patch was added with some dlc for free.

It also looks "kiddy" to some people. Personally I don't mind.
---
'I wrestled with an alligator,I tussled with a whale,only last week I murdered a rock, injured a stone, hospitalized a brick. I'm so mean I make medicine sick.'
#8knightimexPosted 2/5/2013 7:14:19 AM
It was boring.
Many other games are much more fun to play that are also JRPG.
Grandia 2, Star Ocean 2, Final Fantasy Tactics + many many others destroy it.
---
Old School Games FTW!
#9pakathecatPosted 2/5/2013 7:29:11 AM
I'm surprised I didn't like it more. Played for awhile but it has been in my backlog pile for some time. Marumaro's voice is incredibly annoying, but I just muted it, that isn't the big reason. I love most turn-based RPGs but for some reason it didn't really grab me.
#10Dragon NexusPosted 2/5/2013 7:29:54 AM
The story is alright, the graphics are alright, the gameplay is alright, the combat is alright...

It's just alright. It's not mind blowing, it's not crap it's just..........alright.
---
"The problem with quotes on the internet is that you can never be sure if they're true" - Abraham Lincoln