This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Why can't anyone accept the xbox can scratch discs?

#1VeryDarkSoulPosted 2/5/2013 3:19:24 AM
I've been trying to find a solution to this problem. Maybe it was a fluke, who knows, but there's one game specifically, fallout 3, that got a light half-circle scratch after about 20-25 hours of total play time (not 25 hours straight) Only game this ever happened with, though there's also 1 game I have that makes the disc drive SCREECH, but it never scratched.

I use the old, crappy xbox and my xbox lays down flat. I called customer support about it and they told me it's because I moved my system. Who in the right mind swings around their xbox while playing games? I e-mailed the publisher, they told me it's because I moved my xbox. I made a early post about it and even gamefaqs tried to blame me. I think microsoft thinks if they repeat this stupid logic enough everyone will eventually believe it.

in the meantime I just installed the game. Runs faster anyway. The only thing keeping me from installing all my games is I only have the 20gb hard drive. It still makes me nervous to buy new games if my xbox might "eat them" I let GTA 4 run for 10 hours today while I worked and not a single scratch on it. I even jumped up and down next to the table with my xbox with a game I don't care about in the system, no scratches at all.
---
Ron Paul 2012
#2spooge-mcduckPosted 2/5/2013 3:22:49 AM
Did you happen to move it while playing? That scratches discs.
---
Currently playing: Gears of War 2, Doom 3 BFG, Halo Reach, Assassins creed 3, Battlefield 3.
#3test_genisisPosted 2/5/2013 3:26:48 AM
anyone else think this guy moved his xbox?
But no seriously, i have found that the xbox can cause some surface scratches on the disc, very light ones after many hours of play but in no praticulat pattern
But if its a perfect "donut" scratch, then its most likely a result of the xbox being moved
---
Gamertag: SecondWind92
PSN: twitch440
#4cup_a_soupPosted 2/5/2013 4:00:45 AM
Because all I own about 400 disc-based games and not one of them has scratches on them.

I also have never seen or heard of anyone's Xbox scratching games unless they moved the console whilst the disc was spinning.
#5GGearXPosted 2/5/2013 4:07:15 AM
cup_a_soup posted...
Because all I own about 400 disc-based games and not one of them has scratches on them.

I also have never seen or heard of anyone's Xbox scratching games unless they moved the console whilst the disc was spinning.

Could it be my Xbox then? I install my games the second I get them and they stay in my Xbox for some time, but for some stupid reason every single day time, it always has tiny scratches om the edges of the disk. (not the little ring in the middle scratch)
---
GT: KryDamoure *Insert cool line here *
.............I'm a very shy guy........
#6chex81Posted 2/5/2013 4:29:16 AM
spooge-mcduck posted...
Did you happen to move it while playing? That scratches discs.

This... Or so I've been told. I've had xboxs (2 to be exact) since launch and never once did it scratch any of my games.
---
gt/psn: chex81
#7IvanKozlovPosted 2/5/2013 6:30:42 AM
Because I install games that I intend on playing, so the disc doesn't move.
---
When light no longer rose to kiss me, I swore to tear Heaven asunder. As flights of fallen angels wished me "Godspeed on the Devil's Thunder."
#8MephistotePosted 2/5/2013 6:40:44 AM
The xbox can scratch your disc, just as the case can crack them.
Both are known to happen; it's just that more often than not, those same problems are caused by mis-use, and so even the ones that are damaged while being properly cared for may be labeled as such.
---
It's like a koala bear crapped a rainbow in my brain.
#9SparkItUpPosted 2/5/2013 7:03:15 AM
VeryDarkSoul posted...
I called customer support about it and they told me it's because I moved my system. Who in the right mind swings around their xbox while playing games? .

you don't have to swing it around...a slight nudge is enough. and it doesn't have to be the console that moves per say, but the platform in which you have it on.
---
http://youtu.be/_JyETEkNXSY
Not only the best football player alive...the absolute sexiest.
#10TheBlueStigPosted 2/5/2013 9:51:36 AM
VeryDarkSoul posted...
I've been trying to find a solution to this problem. Maybe it was a fluke, who knows, but there's one game specifically, fallout 3, that got a light half-circle scratch after about 20-25 hours of total play time (not 25 hours straight) Only game this ever happened with, though there's also 1 game I have that makes the disc drive SCREECH, but it never scratched.

I use the old, crappy xbox and my xbox lays down flat. I called customer support about it and they told me it's because I moved my system. Who in the right mind swings around their xbox while playing games? I e-mailed the publisher, they told me it's because I moved my xbox. I made a early post about it and even gamefaqs tried to blame me. I think microsoft thinks if they repeat this stupid logic enough everyone will eventually believe it.

in the meantime I just installed the game. Runs faster anyway. The only thing keeping me from installing all my games is I only have the 20gb hard drive. It still makes me nervous to buy new games if my xbox might "eat them" I let GTA 4 run for 10 hours today while I worked and not a single scratch on it. I even jumped up and down next to the table with my xbox with a game I don't care about in the system, no scratches at all.

You were told why this happened in your last topic a couple days ago....

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/927749-xbox-360/65347171

But noooooo, those answers weren't good enough for you so you made another topic about it to whine some more.
---
"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."
Ben Franklin