This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Your HONEST opinion, Are reveiws paid off?

#21Trisha_GoddardPosted 2/5/2013 6:13:03 AM
Carte360 posted...
Yes, of course. Anyone who says otherwise is a complete moron.

THIS.

Far Cry 3 getting 10 out of 10 on Eurogamer for example. It's a good game for sure and I really enjoyed it but it doesn't do anything so well as to merit even a 9.

Even Ass Creed 1 (which I liked to be fair) got some tens at the time despite not deserving them.

Also: DRIV3R. A lesson from history.
#22memphis12Posted 2/5/2013 6:16:55 AM(edited)
RubMyDucky posted...
If the Godfather has tought me anything it's that any company can be bought/paid off given the right amount of money.

I was tempted to put this as my sig. Nice answer.

The Godfather taught me something as well. Three's a crowd, stick with two.
---
'I wrestled with an alligator,I tussled with a whale,only last week I murdered a rock, injured a stone, hospitalized a brick. I'm so mean I make medicine sick.'
#23GGearXPosted 2/5/2013 6:21:09 AM
memphis12 posted...
RubMyDucky posted...
If the Godfather has tought me anything it's that any company can be bought/paid off given the right amount of money.

Threes a crowd stick with two? What does that mean.
---
GT: KryDamoure *Insert cool line here *
.............I'm a very shy guy........
#24memphis12Posted 2/5/2013 6:23:58 AM
GGearX posted...
memphis12 posted...
RubMyDucky posted...

Threes a crowd stick with two? What does that mean.

It means there should never have been a Godfather 3 ;-)
---
'I wrestled with an alligator,I tussled with a whale,only last week I murdered a rock, injured a stone, hospitalized a brick. I'm so mean I make medicine sick.'
#25ShaunageAUPosted 2/5/2013 6:35:15 AM
If it happens at all, it happens with such a small percentage of review sites that it isn't even worth discussing. Short answer: No.
---
Ash nazg durbatulūk, ash nazg gimbatul,
ash nazg thrakatulūk agh burzum-ishi krimpatul.
#26The_DeskPosted 2/5/2013 6:43:58 AM
Enough of them are that it makes 'professional' utterly useless. Word of mouth or if I don't know anyone whose played it then at least a half dozen fan reviews, and take a general average.
#27AlavardPosted 2/5/2013 6:48:12 AM
Paid directly? No.

Influenced heavily? Definitely.
- Advertising revenue (Kane and Lynch anyone?)
- Swag sent along with review copies (probably not a real factor, but this does happen)
- All the big players know each other, and the longer you work in the industry the more people you know, hard to see 'friends' in a negative light
- Industry hype
#28ReloadPsiPosted 2/5/2013 6:58:23 AM
It just wouldn't surprise me at all if any ever were.
---
If you've no respect for the fact that people have put the time aside to play a game with you, play a single-player game. There are thousands to choose from.
#29ChargrilledPosted 2/5/2013 7:22:26 AM
No
---
GT : DeadJericho / PSN/Wii-U : Focalpoint /
Correct terminology is 'Could NOT care less'. Learn English!
#30codman4Posted 2/5/2013 7:26:35 AM
I don't think they're paid off, but a lot of reviewers are biased. If you have a fan of GTA games review the upcoming GTA5, what do you think is going to happen?

Each site really should have 2-3 reviewers for each game, and pick people with different tastes.