This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Your HONEST opinion, Are reveiws paid off?

#41FFTHEWINNERPosted 2/5/2013 7:41:30 AM
headwounds13 posted...
Aside from a couple of extremely rare outliers that have more to do with advertising revenue than bribes, people whining about paid off reviewers are only suffering from a case of unwarranted self importance. Obviously it would take conspiracy and bribery for someone to disagree with their immaculate taste.

This.
---
WHO AM I?FFTHEWINNER. WHO ARE YOU?URTHELOSER
http://i.imgur.com/xgSex.png
#42AtalalamaPosted 2/5/2013 7:49:21 AM
Not all, but some. Those who insist the loudest that they aren't taking bribes are the ones taking the most.
#43scoobydoobydontPosted 2/5/2013 7:53:07 AM
It's not a matter of opinion--some reviews are factually paid off. Game journalists have admitted it. Honest reviews have resulted in firings. The only debate is how naive some gamers are to think this is some made up issue. It exists in every industry.
---
The writing was on the wall with Bioware the minute you could completely void all of your decisions with one choice in KOTOR.
#44nothingbeastPosted 2/5/2013 8:07:21 AM
I say no. Whats the point?

Uh... Money?!? Money is the point.

o_0

Everyone has their price. The older I get, the lower it seems to be.

Hell, for $100 I'd tell you Duke Nukem Forever was the greatest game i've ever played.
---
~I was stomping goombas and saving princesses long before most of you were born.
#45HeliosAscensionPosted 2/5/2013 8:17:41 AM
I think it's silly not to think that higher profile reviews aren't at least influenced in some form but on the whole, probably not.
---
I don't need games to be mature.I need them to entertain me.And sometimes what entertains me is a couple chicks with huge bouncing chests pummeling each other.
#46NairodmaticPosted 2/5/2013 8:22:09 AM
nothingbeast posted...
I say no. Whats the point?

Uh... Money?!? Money is the point.

o_0

Everyone has their price. The older I get, the lower it seems to be.

Hell, for $100 I'd tell you Duke Nukem Forever was the greatest game i've ever played.

Sir or madam, you have earned an actual LOL.
---
Maybe video games should cost less than 20 million and take less than 3 years to make. Because $60 a pop is some b*******!
#47Umega4Posted 2/5/2013 8:22:33 AM
Yes, go look at the whole Kane and Lynch thing.
#48nothingbeastPosted 2/5/2013 8:25:29 AM

Heh... it's sir if you wanna be formal.

But it's true.

When I was in college I dreamed of winning the Lottery when it was $300 Million.

In my 20s it dropped to $50 million

Now in my 30s, I'd just be thrilled for a "FREE GAME" on a scratchers ticket.
---
~I was stomping goombas and saving princesses long before most of you were born.
#49AtalalamaPosted 2/5/2013 8:28:19 AM
nothingbeast posted...

Heh... it's sir if you wanna be formal.

But it's true.

When I was in college I dreamed of winning the Lottery when it was $300 Million.

In my 20s it dropped to $50 million

Now in my 30s, I'd just be thrilled for a "FREE GAME" on a scratchers ticket.

Yep. Growing up sucks, don't it. Great Expectations my hairy *$$...
#50nothingbeastPosted 2/5/2013 8:31:59 AM
Yep. Growing up sucks, don't it. Great Expectations my hairy *$$...

I wouldn't quite go that far. It's more like "Realistic Expectations".
---