This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Your HONEST opinion, Are reveiws paid off?

#61FdshadowPosted 2/5/2013 3:52:46 PM
It's nothing that profitable for the reviewers:

"Give us a good score, or you won't see another review copy of our games ever again, enjoy being dead last with your review that might as well be irrelevant!"

Paying someone? Pfffft...
#62zinsindettaPosted 2/5/2013 4:04:29 PM
I did not really think of it until I read the Game Informer review on Mass Effect 3 where the reviewer said something to the effect of " do not listen to people about a bad ending because as a long time fan of Mass Effect I am completely satisfied with the ending."

Yeah they get paid off. No doubt in my mind when someone has a pure bs statement like that. He could of liked it but completely satisfied my butt.
---
Gamertag/PSN - http://gamercards.exophase.com/31441.png
http://www.bungie.net/Stats/Reach/CareerStats/default.aspx?player=SinZinDetta
#63Arucard05Posted 2/5/2013 4:06:04 PM
No.
---
www.bewaretherobotsquad.com
Do you want to read awesomely rad reviews and articles? No? ****.
#64Xx5ILLYR4BBITxXPosted 2/5/2013 4:06:18 PM
Carte360 posted...
Yes, of course. Anyone who says otherwise is a complete moron.

You seem like a plesant person to have a conversation with.
---
My 5 Favortive Games of all time are 1) Sonic Adventure 2 Battle. 2) Phantasy Star Online EP 1&2. 3) Star Ocean Till The End Of Time. 4) MGS 2 PS2. 5) FF 9
#65Carte360Posted 2/5/2013 4:07:44 PM
Xx5ILLYR4BBITxX posted...
Carte360 posted...
Yes, of course. Anyone who says otherwise is a complete moron.

You seem like a plesant person to have a conversation with.

The feeling is mutual.
---
Why would Microsoft worry about exclusives when it has the awe-inspiring Kinect to sell consoles. - MrRGerk
#66Shadow_ZujedPosted 2/5/2013 4:45:15 PM
Its not a matter of opinion. They are either paid off or they aren't its not an opinion.

Do I THINK they are paid off? Maybe. But do I read reviews or let those people influence my decisions on what games to buy? No.

So I don't care either way.
---
"If anyone else can just feel theirs and let me know if it is normal I would really appriciate it."-mrbakasan
#67rofflchopperPosted 2/5/2013 4:57:53 PM
What is this...

I don't even understand the question being asked here. Are reviewers paid off by game companies? That isn't an opinion, there is proof that it happens on occasion both directly and indirectly.

Or is the question, do reviews of games pay off? Well they generate revenue for review hosting websites and organizations. They seem to impact sales. I don't personally care about reviewer sites like IGN but I have some youtube personalities whose opinions I trust and generally agree with.

This. I was wondering why he was asking it like it's an opinion. lol
---
Dear Society, Please stop calling Justin Bieber gay. We don't want him either.
Sincerely, Homosexuals.
#68twistedreality1Posted 2/5/2013 5:30:14 PM
No
---
360-twistedreality6 PSN-twistedreality1 NNID-twistedreality
#69leonodoPosted 2/5/2013 5:40:17 PM
Yeah I think so
---
Sunshine is overrated...
#70WinternovaPosted 2/5/2013 5:41:37 PM
bigdeez posted...
You may not like a game, you may not like the reviewer, and you may not like the game company. But answer HONESTLY are they paid off?

No, they're not. Anyone who says they are probably believe in every moronic conspiracy theory that comes along...even ChemTrails.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pMKUUUvjjzo
Fan of: Steelers(6-time Champions), Red Wings(11-time Champions)