This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Do you usually enable Subtitles when you play your games?

#41SqawksPosted 2/5/2013 4:07:39 PM
I do, as I don't play with the volume set up high.
---
The official Howard the Duck of the MvC3 board!
#42WinternovaPosted 2/5/2013 4:10:11 PM
Luthor_ posted...
Winternova posted...
I've lost 40% of my hearing, so I usually have it on.

40% of your hearing gone and a shoulder injury?

Damn dude.

40% of my hearing lost
2 shoulder surgeries (2010, 2012)
1 cholecystectomy (2003)
1 tonsilectomy
3 set of tubes surgically implanted in my ears

The hearing happened when I was a kid, but the rest just means I'm getting old.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pMKUUUvjjzo
Fan of: Steelers(6-time Champions), Red Wings(11-time Champions)
#43natevinesPosted 2/5/2013 4:24:30 PM
Yeah, I have significant hearing loss too from gunfire, haha. It's why I hate seeing films in theaters
---
Gamertag- MidgetRifleman
#44King_AkeelaPosted 2/5/2013 4:51:08 PM
Yes.....yes i do.
---
Gamertag:Kreator82
#45randomweirdoPosted 2/5/2013 4:52:55 PM
Yeah, another person with partial hearing loss, so it does help. Also, I like to know the proper ways to spell the names and terms in the game as well.
#46Xx_King_Beef_xXPosted 2/5/2013 4:57:01 PM
The only time I use them is when I'm not using my headphones, which is hardly ever because the only time I really get to play games these days is when the wife and kids are asleep.
---
I have to return some videotapes.
#47Carte360Posted 2/5/2013 5:38:28 PM
Gotta remember, guys. The average age of a game is like 30-40 or something. THAT IS OLD, practically blind, deaf, and I'm amazed half of these guys can hold controllers.
---
Why would Microsoft worry about exclusives when it has the awe-inspiring Kinect to sell consoles. - MrRGerk
#48Reel_Big_MikePosted 2/5/2013 6:36:19 PM
I hate subtitles. They take my eye off of what's actually happening on screen. No need for them if you can hear.
#49twa556Posted 2/5/2013 6:41:52 PM
Always.

Some say it's distracting from what's going on.

I find it vastly more distracting not being able to understand what the hell the characters just said.... so until cutscenes give me a REWIND feature, i'll have subtitles.

---
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JBnuVfx8uVA&list
Typical example of Anime^
#50JenniferTatePosted 2/5/2013 8:10:51 PM
If I'm alone at night, usually not. Although when I was watching Breaking Bad I had to rewind and toggle it on at points because sometimes the sound mixing was not the best.

Playing games during the day with the potential for being interrupted during the most important scenes - I live by the railroad with two trains an hour - is when I want them on..
---
You goddamn kids had best be gracious with the merch money you spend, 'cause for you I wont ever have rough sex with Molly Connolly again.