This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

This week's DOTW?

#11LerdothoughtPosted 2/5/2013 8:36:53 AM
man, Hydrophobia started his life on marketplace at 1200 points, then dropped to 800, then in one "deal of the week" dropped to 400 points, then in another deal, 200 points...
now 160 points...well, i think i will get it
#12SheepinatorPosted 2/5/2013 8:48:39 AM
Stray_Zero posted...
Geist posted...
MestizoFreak posted...
Hydrophobia - 160 (67% off)

They would offer it for free, and no one would buy it. It's CONSTANTLY on sale.

Why, what's so bad about it?

Back then, I heard the game was broken and riddled with glitches, but then updated them to fix it, but not good enough, from what people said. :/

That's about the size of it, yes. It's one of those games where people will defend its utter mediocrity on the basis that it's cheap and anything is worth playing when it's cheap. I'm not one of these people. Far too many good games out, many of them great value, to be wasting time on mediocrity even if was free.
---
My mad face and my happy face are the same.
#13VlayerPosted 2/5/2013 8:59:59 AM
RycerX posted...
Vlayer posted...
^You forgot these:

Whoa, some nice deals in there. Thanks for the heads up. Where did you find those, Major's list is missing that stuff.

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=336317

Bookmark that page.

It's smart to visit that site at least once a week, and maybe read through the last pages as they usually have new information and it can take a while for the OP to update the first post.
---
FOX "made a huge mistake" cancelling the greatest comedy of all time; Arrested Development.
#14bluehat94Posted 2/5/2013 9:02:08 AM
Zeno Clash is a must buy, and it's a steal at 400 points.
---
"So my lunch today involved both a noodle packet and a sauce packet....so yeah, things are going pretty well for me."
#15Super CreaturesPosted 2/5/2013 1:19:44 PM
Vlayer posted...
^You forgot these:

That list is for other sales, not Deal of the Week, as the TC asked.

DotW is Gold exclusive, other sales are not.
---
R.I.P. Eve English (Feb. 12, 1968 - Oct. 13, 2010)
Momma Eve, you will be missed.
#16zyxomma100Posted 2/5/2013 1:26:36 PM
While by its exact definition the Deal of the Week only includes the Gold-exclusive deals in the first post, I think it's a safe bet to assume that anyone who can't check the deals on their Xbox would want the full list of deals for that week, including publisher sales.
#17josh924Posted 2/5/2013 2:59:27 PM
I bought Hydrophobia when it was on sale a few years ago. Its a pretty decent game, though I suppose I'd be mad, too, if I bought it at its original 1200 point price.

So, how is Yar's Revenge? Would anyone here recommend it?
---
I like how the GameFAQs spellcheck shows that the word "Wii" is fine, but the words "Xbox" and "Kinect" show up as typos.