The message you selected is no longer available for viewing.

This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Dear developers. STOP announcing games for the 360.

#1RahzarXPosted 2/5/2013 7:49:23 AM
Every time I see a new game announced for this generation of consoles I breathe a giant sigh and say there's no place like home.

Developers KNOW the new consoles are coming this year, they have the damn dev kits sitting on their desks. They have games in the pipeline.

Everyone is sitting pretty waiting for these new consoles to arrive, meanwhile we're being spoon-fed game after game that feels like filler in a year where we should be receiving little to no games in preparation for the NEWLY ANNOUNCED NEXT-GEN titles to arrive.

I don't want to spend another penny on a game that I'm going to be shelving in 6-8 months. There's dozens of games that are announced for the 360 that don't even have release dates and we're supposed to be excited for them over the actual hardware of the next-gen? What a waste of time.

Rockstar and Kojima, I'm looking at you.
---
whythefat "DDR, I notice your karma is 567. That 5+6+7= 18. 18 plus your IQ is 19. There were 19 hijackers on 911. You are a terrorist."
#2RayzerTagPosted 2/5/2013 7:53:27 AM(edited)
There will be multiple times more consumers with Xbox 360s than consumers with Xbox 720s. While the 720 people will be more eager to buy games, and there is less competition from other games, it's still very profitable to release Xbox 360 titles, perhaps even moreso than 720 titles.

Supply and demand, etc. etc.
---
Baseless prediction as of 01/04/13 : the next Xbox will be called the Xbox On.
#3DieMyBridePosted 2/5/2013 7:55:24 AM
Maybe because they have been working on these games for a few years? Maybe they think the new consoles won't sell enough out of the gate? Maybe they know they can get the sales they want with current consoles?
---
XboxLive GT:JoeStillLife
#4RahzarX(Topic Creator)Posted 2/5/2013 7:57:04 AM
RayzerTag posted...
There will be multiple times more consumers with Xbox 360s than consumers with Xbox 720s. While the 720 people will be more eager to buy games, and there is less competition from other games, it's still very profitable to release Xbox 360 titles, perhaps even moreso than 720 titles.

I know this. It's just annoying to almost everyone who is waiting for the new consoles. No one wants to continue collecting these titles if we're going to be moving on later in the year. Companies are releasing their magnum opuses THIS YEAR is just insanity.

Tomb Raider
GTA V
MGS - Ground Zeroes
Crysis 3
Splinter Cell

These games should be launch titles for next-gen, not dust collectors.
---
whythefat "DDR, I notice your karma is 567. That 5+6+7= 18. 18 plus your IQ is 19. There were 19 hijackers on 911. You are a terrorist."
#5RockguyKevPosted 2/5/2013 8:00:06 AM
Who still plays the games after 6 months? Get with the times man, there's tons of games that come out every month you should be playing. This isn't 1994.
#6DieMyBridePosted 2/5/2013 8:00:10 AM
RahzarX posted...
RayzerTag posted...

I know this. It's just annoying to almost everyone who is waiting for the new consoles. No one wants to continue collecting these titles if we're going to be moving on later in the year. Companies are releasing their magnum opuses THIS YEAR is just insanity.

Tomb Raider
GTA V
MGS - Ground Zeroes
Crysis 3
Splinter Cell

These games should be launch titles for next-gen, not dust collectors.

you'll never get a launch that good. these are maybe the swan songs for the current gen. Also we don't know what other games these companies are working on. They won't say anything until the new consoles are announced.
---
XboxLive GT:JoeStillLife
#7Dragon NexusPosted 2/5/2013 8:01:40 AM
Yeah, because they're going to announce games for a console that isn't officially announced, thus jumping the gun on Ms and sony's official announcements yet-to-be-made and get themselves in deep poopie.
---
"The problem with quotes on the internet is that you can never be sure if they're true" - Abraham Lincoln
#8RahzarX(Topic Creator)Posted 2/5/2013 8:01:51 AM
RockguyKev posted...
Who still plays the games after 6 months? Get with the times man, there's tons of games that come out every month you should be playing. This isn't 1994.

That's implying everyone buys the game day-one. How about the people who need to save for 6 months just to buy a game? Who knows if 360 games will even be on the shelf in the later half of 2014.
---
#9rdking96Posted 2/5/2013 8:03:04 AM
RahzarX posted...
Every time I see a new game announced for this generation of consoles I breathe a giant sigh and say there's no place like home.

Developers KNOW the new consoles are coming this year, they have the damn dev kits sitting on their desks. They have games in the pipeline.

Everyone is sitting pretty waiting for these new consoles to arrive, meanwhile we're being spoon-fed game after game that feels like filler in a year where we should be receiving little to no games in preparation for the NEWLY ANNOUNCED NEXT-GEN titles to arrive.

I don't want to spend another penny on a game that I'm going to be shelving in 6-8 months. There's dozens of games that are announced for the 360 that don't even have release dates and we're supposed to be excited for them over the actual hardware of the next-gen? What a waste of time.

Rockstar and Kojima, I'm looking at you.

So let's just have devs throw away games they've been working on for years, thus causing them to lose thousands upon millions of dollars and then we are faced with the repercussions of that.

Some of these games may have started development anywhere between 2010-2012. They had no way of knowing exactly when the next gen consoles were gonna be released so they just continued ot make games for the 360. Don't complain about there being too many games to choose/play. That isn't exactly an "issue" in my book.
---
"There won't be any money...but when you die, on your deathbed, you will receive total consciousness...So I got that goin' for me - which is nice."
#10RahzarX(Topic Creator)Posted 2/5/2013 8:03:12 AM
Dragon Nexus posted...
Yeah, because they're going to announce games for a console that isn't officially announced, thus jumping the gun on Ms and sony's official announcements yet-to-be-made and get themselves in deep poopie.

Screw them, as a selfish gamer and person overall, they're taking too long and I'm impatient.

I'm butthurt about this, as you can tell. Am I the only one?
---