This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Dear developers. STOP announcing games for the 360.

#11RahzarX(Topic Creator)Posted 2/5/2013 8:04:35 AM
rdking96 posted...
RahzarX posted...
Every time I see a new game announced for this generation of consoles I breathe a giant sigh and say there's no place like home.

Developers KNOW the new consoles are coming this year, they have the damn dev kits sitting on their desks. They have games in the pipeline.

Everyone is sitting pretty waiting for these new consoles to arrive, meanwhile we're being spoon-fed game after game that feels like filler in a year where we should be receiving little to no games in preparation for the NEWLY ANNOUNCED NEXT-GEN titles to arrive.

I don't want to spend another penny on a game that I'm going to be shelving in 6-8 months. There's dozens of games that are announced for the 360 that don't even have release dates and we're supposed to be excited for them over the actual hardware of the next-gen? What a waste of time.

Rockstar and Kojima, I'm looking at you.

So let's just have devs throw away games they've been working on for years, thus causing them to lose thousands upon millions of dollars and then we are faced with the repercussions of that.

Some of these games may have started development anywhere between 2010-2012. They had no way of knowing exactly when the next gen consoles were gonna be released so they just continued ot make games for the 360. Don't complain about there being too many games to choose/play. That isn't exactly an "issue" in my book.

I honestly feel that way, as stupid and illogical as it sounds. I know they aren't putting all their effort into the game because it's not top priority anymore. I don't want their filler garbage.
---
whythefat "DDR, I notice your karma is 567. That 5+6+7= 18. 18 plus your IQ is 19. There were 19 hijackers on 911. You are a terrorist."
#12pothocketPosted 2/5/2013 8:04:50 AM
Go lie down in the snow and hibernate for a year. Problem solved.
---
well I am not like your dad. I worked as a chef at TGIF-Mattson
#13RahzarX(Topic Creator)Posted 2/5/2013 8:07:05 AM
pothocket posted...

The problem is that I have my fancy new Wii U sitting here and I'm enjoying ZombiU and waiting for Rayman. Nintendo understands that the next-gen is here and are well into the software, whereas MS is quiet as a baby and Sony should just announce their crap right now, I don't want to wait until the 20th, do you? It's an announcement not a god-damn launch.
---
whythefat "DDR, I notice your karma is 567. That 5+6+7= 18. 18 plus your IQ is 19. There were 19 hijackers on 911. You are a terrorist."
#14pothocketPosted 2/5/2013 8:10:06 AM
RahzarX posted...
pothocket posted...

The problem is that I have my fancy new Wii U sitting here and I'm enjoying ZombiU and waiting for Rayman. Nintendo understands that the next-gen is here and are well into the software, whereas MS is quiet as a baby and Sony should just announce their crap right now, I don't want to wait until the 20th, do you? It's an announcement not a god-damn launch.

You're acting like the system will be released the day after the announcement. Go lie down in the snow.
---
well I am not like your dad. I worked as a chef at TGIF-Mattson
#15memphis12Posted 2/5/2013 8:13:35 AM
Wow, TC. Very impatient, I'd hate to see you in the sack! Get some self control.

But yeah, I completely agree! I want every new game I read about now to be next gen & giving me something to be excited about, other than my shiny new toy.
---
'I wrestled with an alligator,I tussled with a whale,only last week I murdered a rock, injured a stone, hospitalized a brick. I'm so mean I make medicine sick.'
#16RahzarX(Topic Creator)Posted 2/5/2013 8:17:44 AM
memphis12 posted...
Wow, TC. Very impatient, I'd hate to see you in the sack! Get some self control.

But yeah, I completely agree! I want every new game I read about now to be next gen & giving me something to be excited about, other than my shiny new toy.

I suffer from delayed orgasm. I take forever in the sack. Some would say I'm like Microsoft in ANNOUNCING THEIR GOD DAMN CONSOLE.
---
#17memphis12Posted 2/5/2013 8:19:35 AM
RahzarX posted...
memphis12 posted...

I suffer from delayed orgasm. I take forever in the sack. Some would say I'm like Microsoft in ANNOUNCING THEIR GOD DAMN CONSOLE.

Tickled me! (Not in a sexual way of course!)
---
'I wrestled with an alligator,I tussled with a whale,only last week I murdered a rock, injured a stone, hospitalized a brick. I'm so mean I make medicine sick.'
#18FFTHEWINNERPosted 2/5/2013 8:36:38 AM
My Reaction when saw the topic title:

0_0_0_0
wtf??!!

My reaction when i read all the posts itt:

*thanks his god for still being sane*.
---
WHO AM I?FFTHEWINNER. WHO ARE YOU?URTHELOSER
http://i.imgur.com/xgSex.png
#19JenniferTatePosted 2/5/2013 8:39:17 AM
What's wrong with releasing their magnum opus for this gen at the end of this gen?
---
You goddamn kids had best be gracious with the merch money you spend, 'cause for you I wont ever have rough sex with Molly Connolly again.
#20BB52700Posted 2/5/2013 8:39:29 AM
RahzarX posted...
Every time I see a new game announced for this generation of consoles I breathe a giant sigh and say there's no place like home.

Developers KNOW the new consoles are coming this year, they have the damn dev kits sitting on their desks. They have games in the pipeline.

Everyone is sitting pretty waiting for these new consoles to arrive, meanwhile we're being spoon-fed game after game that feels like filler in a year where we should be receiving little to no games in preparation for the NEWLY ANNOUNCED NEXT-GEN titles to arrive.

I don't want to spend another penny on a game that I'm going to be shelving in 6-8 months. There's dozens of games that are announced for the 360 that don't even have release dates and we're supposed to be excited for them over the actual hardware of the next-gen? What a waste of time.

Rockstar and Kojima, I'm looking at you.

someone does not understand how business works
---
I do the best Chewbacca impression EVER!