This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Dear developers. STOP announcing games for the 360.

#21RahzarX(Topic Creator)Posted 2/5/2013 8:40:39 AM
BB52700 posted...
RahzarX posted...
Every time I see a new game announced for this generation of consoles I breathe a giant sigh and say there's no place like home.

Developers KNOW the new consoles are coming this year, they have the damn dev kits sitting on their desks. They have games in the pipeline.

Everyone is sitting pretty waiting for these new consoles to arrive, meanwhile we're being spoon-fed game after game that feels like filler in a year where we should be receiving little to no games in preparation for the NEWLY ANNOUNCED NEXT-GEN titles to arrive.

I don't want to spend another penny on a game that I'm going to be shelving in 6-8 months. There's dozens of games that are announced for the 360 that don't even have release dates and we're supposed to be excited for them over the actual hardware of the next-gen? What a waste of time.

Rockstar and Kojima, I'm looking at you.

someone does not understand how business works

No, it's that I do not CARE how business works.

Good business means they might as well only make Skylanders for the next 10 years.
---
whythefat "DDR, I notice your karma is 567. That 5+6+7= 18. 18 plus your IQ is 19. There were 19 hijackers on 911. You are a terrorist."
#22BB52700Posted 2/5/2013 8:42:01 AM
RahzarX posted...
rdking96 posted...
RahzarX posted...
Every time I see a new game announced for this generation of consoles I breathe a giant sigh and say there's no place like home.

Developers KNOW the new consoles are coming this year, they have the damn dev kits sitting on their desks. They have games in the pipeline.

Everyone is sitting pretty waiting for these new consoles to arrive, meanwhile we're being spoon-fed game after game that feels like filler in a year where we should be receiving little to no games in preparation for the NEWLY ANNOUNCED NEXT-GEN titles to arrive.

I don't want to spend another penny on a game that I'm going to be shelving in 6-8 months. There's dozens of games that are announced for the 360 that don't even have release dates and we're supposed to be excited for them over the actual hardware of the next-gen? What a waste of time.

So let's just have devs throw away games they've been working on for years, thus causing them to lose thousands upon millions of dollars and then we are faced with the repercussions of that.

Some of these games may have started development anywhere between 2010-2012. They had no way of knowing exactly when the next gen consoles were gonna be released so they just continued ot make games for the 360. Don't complain about there being too many games to choose/play. That isn't exactly an "issue" in my book.

I honestly feel that way, as stupid and illogical as it sounds. I know they aren't putting all their effort into the game because it's not top priority anymore. I don't want their filler garbage.

games released this year will be far better than any next-gen launch titles. it always takes developers a couple years into a console cycle to get familiar enough with the hardware to do really special things with it
---
I do the best Chewbacca impression EVER!
#23Mutant1988Posted 2/5/2013 8:47:37 AM
Development begin before a game is announced.

It's not that easy to change development platforms mid-development. Nor it it a good idea to change to a platform with a limited initial user base. It's safer to release for a platform that the majority already own.

If you intend to sell your console or simply stop using it once it's successor is released, well, that's your problem isn't it?

Also, the hardware is only as good as the games you can play on it, so there's really no reason to get overly excited about "Next-gen".

Releases tailored for it will come, when developers are confident it will be a solid platform and once it gets closer to release. Major announcement will appear once the marketing machine for the system gets going.
---
Know that if you allow someone to take advantage of you, they might make it a habit.
#24scoobydoobydontPosted 2/5/2013 8:55:28 AM
I'll be buying 360 games for years to come, regardless of 720 which I'll only get if its BC anyway, so keep em coming developers.
---
The writing was on the wall with Bioware the minute you could completely void all of your decisions with one choice in KOTOR.
#25nothingbeastPosted 2/5/2013 8:57:08 AM
Dear developers.

Please don't do a practical business move to make a product that will sell to the established market. Instead, put all your efforts towards a new console (that technically hasn't even been announced yet) and pray very hard that MS has enough units in stores so that your new game will clear a profit.

Because we all know that whatever the new console will do, the first games out of the gate always always always make the most out of the new technology. And no one ever needs to see the mistakes made from those who jumped the gun for a launch title.

Sincerely,
A big selfish silly who knows nothing about running a business, who also wants to stand in line for hours outside of a Best Buy in November.
---
~I was stomping goombas and saving princesses long before most of you were born.
#26FFTHEWINNERPosted 2/5/2013 9:08:31 AM
nothingbeast posted...
Dear developers.

Please don't do a practical business move to make a product that will sell to the established market. Instead, put all your efforts towards a new console (that technically hasn't even been announced yet) and pray very hard that MS has enough units in stores so that your new game will clear a profit.

Because we all know that whatever the new console will do, the first games out of the gate always always always make the most out of the new technology. And no one ever needs to see the mistakes made from those who jumped the gun for a launch title.

Sincerely,
A big selfish silly who knows nothing about running a business, who also wants to stand in line for hours outside of a Best Buy in November.

finally.someone with a brain >_>.
---
WHO AM I?FFTHEWINNER. WHO ARE YOU?URTHELOSER
http://i.imgur.com/xgSex.png
#27Surv1valismPosted 2/5/2013 9:13:46 AM
Not to mention we dont "know" there will be a new xbox this year, which GTA5 being released so late, i still look for next nov.
---
GT: IAstro ZombieI ( i's)
PSN: IThe_WretchedI http://www.listal.com/list/game-collection-astrozombie29 (not finished)
#28WetstewPosted 2/5/2013 9:23:18 AM
Who knows if 360 games will even be on the shelf in the later half of 2014.

Gamecube game were around until at least 2010 (the last time I stepped a foot into a Gamestop), even then you still have specialty shops, and the internet.

Go lie down in the snow and hibernate for a year. Problem solved.

---
For every good thing in life, there is one indirect link to a photo service. -eco master
#29sockesockePosted 2/5/2013 9:29:26 AM
FFTHEWINNER posted...
My Reaction when saw the topic title:

0_0_0_0
wtf??!!

My reaction when i read all the posts itt:

*thanks his god for still being sane*.

this. id rather have a couple more games for 360 with at least good quality than games for a system that isnt even announced yet.
---
MotiJr:Sony copied George Foreman grills with their playstation 3 design.
http://backloggery.com/sockesocke
#30TheBlueStigPosted 2/5/2013 9:48:33 AM
RahzarX posted...

Odds are, almost all the games being announced have been in the works for a long time already, so stop f***ing whining about it.
---
"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."
Ben Franklin