This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Dear developers. STOP announcing games for the 360.

#41dkgamerPosted 2/5/2013 12:10:52 PM(edited)
Developers don't generally like releasing big name franchises too early in a consoles life, as they need time to get used to the platform and how things work, and they don't want to damage the reputation of said franchise with a problem laden release.
That's why you tend to see new IP's or less well known game series being released as launch titles by third party developers.

It usually takes a while before we start seeing games like GTA and MG on a console.
---
A Valley Without Wind - Dynamic RPG from Arcen Games!
http://www.arcengames.com/w/index.php/games/avww-features
#42ValedictorianXDPosted 2/5/2013 12:16:31 PM
memphis12 posted...
Wow, TC. Very impatient, I'd hate to see you in the sack! Get some self control.

What's wrong with being impatient in the sack from time to time? If her father is downstairs and you're trying to finish up a quickie before he walks in, catches you and has one of his security guards **** you up afterwards, impatience is probably the best policy.
---
[[[[[[[[[[[[[ |||||||||||||||| ]]]]]]]]]]]]]
#43OKRecords1138Posted 2/5/2013 4:45:38 PM
ValedictorianXD posted...
memphis12 posted...
Wow, TC. Very impatient, I'd hate to see you in the sack! Get some self control.

What's wrong with being impatient in the sack from time to time? If her father is downstairs and you're trying to finish up a quickie before he walks in, catches you and has one of his security guards **** you up afterwards, impatience is probably the best policy.

TC shouldn't be sneaking into children's bedrooms, and he wouldn't have to worry about their fathers being downstairs.
---
See all your favorite toys of yesterday and today at The Toy Box - thetoybox1138.blogspot.com
#44Xx_King_Beef_xXPosted 2/5/2013 5:10:24 PM
ITT, Microsoft and all game developers should alienate all of the people that aren't going to buy the next Xbox right away (which I can guarantee there are way more of than people that actually are buying the next one right away) and miss out on millions of dollars.
---
I have to return some videotapes.
#45CrimsonStryke28Posted 2/5/2013 5:13:27 PM
Yay! lets release a new console, wait a few weeks or months then you'll have these guys coming back crying that their system broke down or there is not enough good games to play..thankfully the new console won't be release until mid 2014, have fun waiting for another year and a half.
#46CapwnDPosted 2/5/2013 5:19:35 PM
Nobody should be dumb enough to immediately jump to the next line of consoles.

lol what?

Is this based on your vast experience from generation to generation? Because in my experience from generation to generation, it's been a blast to jump to the next line of consoles.

Please describe where I was so dumb in my jumping to the next consoles. You can use any example, I've been jumping to the next consoles since the beginning.
---
Death to Videodrome, Long Live the New Flesh
#47chrcolPosted 2/5/2013 7:09:11 PM
RahzarX I take it you one of those whos hooked on graphics and only plays brand new games then doesnt touch them again.

I can tell you I am not sitting here waiting for a new console instead I Actually dont want it to be released.

Who in their right mind whats to pay for a new console, ditch their old game collection and then have the hassle of setting it up and having a small game library to pick from to boot, not to mention buying things like enw controllers again.

All for maybe slightly better graphics and higher fps. Which are both minor things.
#48TRIBALARTSPosted 2/5/2013 8:12:24 PM(edited)
They may do the xbox 360 and a xbox 720 (with better visuals) type deal. Like others have said games start development a good time before being announced. I remember when I bought god of war 2 in the commentary the devs said they could have made it for the ps3, but why would they they knew what was needed to get the most out of the ps2 and it would be a big mess to rewrite it all for the ps3. Its not a simple copy, upscale and paste process. I am tempted to jump ship but like others have said I will only do it if its backwards compatible. Not due to cost I just feel its pretty bad having 6 systems on 1 tv a new one without bc would be overkill.
#49RockguyKevPosted 2/6/2013 7:57:07 AM
SoincMetal posted...
RockguyKev posted...
Who still plays the games after 6 months? Get with the times man, there's tons of games that come out every month you should be playing. This isn't 1994.

This is a joke post right?

Why would this be a joke? Unless you're 12 and have to save up your allowance to buy one game a year then whining about "too many games!" is just plain stupid.

Shoot, even a 12 year old could afford Gamefly on $5 a week so never mind even on that. Nobody has an excuse to wait 6 months.
#50The DevourerPosted 2/6/2013 8:27:48 AM
You know that a console isn't considered dead really until at least a year after the new one right? People don't all rush out and buy the brand new ones. It's losing sales if they just stop putting games out for the current systems. Not everyone even WANTS to have the latest thing immediately.
---
FX6100, HD7970, 8G DDR3 1600, 750G/400/1T SATA2/3, 700W, Logitech G5/G510, Win7
XPS16 - i7 720QM, 6G DDR3@1333, 500G SATA, HD4670 1G, Win7